Who Would Like?

Waynio

All you "Street" trials riders or even just Ryan Leech fans!!!! this is the post for you.

i have just had a young man order a frame from me at the shop, as i ordered it thinking it was the last one in the UK the sweet lady from ATB sales, told me that they had another available so, being in the sales mood i bought both, therefore am able to supply 1 YES 1 lucky owner of the very last stock from ATB sale a Norco Moment. i will find a picture on the internet and put it up in this post as soon as i have found one.

Talk away about it. alot of people dont know that they have been available and back in the day 3 or 4 years ago when 12 came into the country and we had all 12 they went very well.

if a mod would wish to tell me if i am allowed to advertise this as a sale? so i can put a price, i dont want people to think "oh blatant advertising" as to me, im not really fussed but alot of people dont know that these frames are available.

Waynio.............................

Here are pics of the latest 05/06 white Moment frame:

http://www.ridefree.fi/mehukatti/moment/

If the frames are 3 or 4 years old, then that sounds a bit suspicious, because if I remember correctly, the 2002 frames were red, and 2003-2004 frames blue. For 2007 I think they are not made anymore? Atleast Norco's website doesn't list it anymore. But if the frame you are talking about is really the latest model, then I would very much be interested in buying it! In that case send me a PM or email mehukatti@ridefree.fi

post-334-1171642835_thumb.jpg

post-334-1171642854_thumb.jpg

post-334-1171642872_thumb.jpg

Voila. theres the pictures of the frame we have received. thats 1 of 2, the 2 of 2 is sold. therefore one is for sale.

already had a couple of e-mails about this frame already.

NOTE: They do look suspension corrected so would need quite a long ish fork to be used on them, Ryan uses a specific 80mm specially designed fork for himself. something in the region of 400-420mm long ish maybe ok.

Waynio...............................

EDIT: yes it is "just" a norco, you try find them in the UK though ;) ATB sales brought a dozen into the country, majority were pre-sold before they arrived into the UK. and if they were put on Ebay probably did good money. its for Ryans fans. if you dont want one dont worry about it, there are plenty of people who DO want them.

Edited by Waynio

NOTE: They do look suspension corrected so would need quite a long ish fork to be used on them, Ryan uses a specific 80mm specially designed fork for himself. something in the region of 400-420mm long ish maybe ok.

Actually I'm not sure what fork Ryan uses, but it has the same externals as a 2005 mx comp, which when reduced to 80mm travel would have an axle-crown length of 459mm. So the frame is probably designed for a fork of about 440-450mm once sag has been taken account of.

Sorry to be pedantic, but people need to know that a standard 405ishmm trials fork wouldn't be OK on it.

the EXACT fork he uses is based on the very popular "Marathon" fork, or what used to be called a "Marathon" fork. super light weight £400 n odd quid fork. BUT his has 80mm of travel IF that. il try find out more details i know the lad that is picking his up from the shop tomorrow is using a set of 100mm forks.

Waynio.....................

the EXACT fork he uses is based on the very popular "Marathon" fork, or what used to be called a "Marathon" fork. super light weight £400 n odd quid fork. BUT his has 80mm of travel IF that. il try find out more details i know the lad that is picking his up from the shop tomorrow is using a set of 100mm forks.

Waynio.....................

It doesn't make any difference though. The externals are the same, and that's what decides the length.

Ewy, Ryan's fork is shorter than 80 mm. The wheelbase on those things is like 1015 mm...26" only...steel... 399mm stays...I've tried 2 of them so far, haven't like either of them. Sorry to be nasty on your advertisement...just my 2 cents. Probably a wicked frame for street riders.

Edited by Jason222

the externals from a Marzocchi MX Comp to a Marathon style fork (XC SL 700) the NEW lightweight XC forks, are totally different, they have different steerer, different crown, different lower legs. so they are a completly different fork, hence why they are £474.99 as opposed to £169.00, then theres internal cartridge differences too.

i work with Marzocchi forks and sell them, i do understand that they are different forks. i was thinking Ryans was a 60mm fork, but cant be 100% sure so id have thought they were 80mm forks.

either way, the amount of response i have had to this frame it wont last long. some people dont appreciate "proper" old skool trials bikes and all they want to see is long low silver frames. (ye there ok, but theres just too many out there)

Waynio........................

the externals from a Marzocchi MX Comp to a Marathon style fork (XC SL 700) the NEW lightweight XC forks, are totally different, they have different steerer, different crown, different lower legs. so they are a completly different fork, hence why they are £474.99 as opposed to £169.00, then theres internal cartridge differences too.

i work with Marzocchi forks and sell them, i do understand that they are different forks. i was thinking Ryans was a 60mm fork, but cant be 100% sure so id have thought they were 80mm forks.

either way, the amount of response i have had to this frame it wont last long. some people dont appreciate "proper" old skool trials bikes and all they want to see is long low silver frames. (ye there ok, but theres just too many out there)

Waynio........................

Yeah, dude. I love this frame, I'd build one up given the money, it kicks all the low long silver bikes asses any day :D . I was just explaining the thing with the fork length. And I was going by the pictures posted earlier of Ryan Leach's bike.

pbpic621123.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, this kinda thing interests me so I'd like to know, but for where I'm standing that looks like the crown used on the 2005 MX comps/2006 Gran Fondo. M shape, no wholes, flat around half the bottom of where it joins the stanchions. The lowers also appear to be the lower legs used on the 2005 MX comps/marathon SL & XC/2004 Marathons & MX's/2006 Gran Fondo. And I'm sure you'll agree that the damping system, steerer and stanchions shouldn't affect the overall forks length when at 80mm.

I don't know what Ryan is now using. But that's my guess from the picture posted above, and like I said, correct me if I'm wrong. I'd genuinely like to know.

Anyway, people, buy this frame, its awesomely unique as sadly there aren't many frames of this style out there! and as he says, only one left of this one, so snap it up!

I e-mailed Ryan a while back to ask about the axle to crown length of his Marz fork, and he replied that it was 440mm, hence that fork's travel is 60mm. I suggest that anything in the region of 415mm (Kona P2) to 425mm (B2 FT forks) will suit the frame quite well. Remember that the earlier versions were equipped with a norco fork that was around 400mm long, albeit with different geometry.

Edited by Cowboy

all they want to see is long low silver frames. (ye there ok, but theres just too many out there)

I compleltly agree wayne, im fed up with them too, but some of the old school stuff is really quite difficult to enjoy. Ive got a megamo at the mo which took a bit of getting used to but I really love it now. But I reckon if you go a bit further back from those frames its nothing really enjoyable.

Besides, the moment can't be that old skool :P Its just not a strict trials frame, you can do trials on it, AND street on it. Probs even xc if you were desperate :P:lol: