Help With An Eno?

ben.richardson

hi all,

I am swapping a new tensile freewheel for a used eno and need some help with it. The eno that i am recieving is prone to skip and the rider isn't a harsh rider but he got it off a friend so i don't know the condition. Do you think that if i gave the eno a service would it stop because usually if you grease up a freewheel it will only get worse so i think hes tried to grease the freewheel thinking that the skipping will stop. However i don't know how to take the lockring off or even service a freewheel, could someone more known to freewheels post up some form of guide to service an eno as i need help.

Or on the other hand shall i keep the new tensile freewheel he is also giving me ten pound what shall i do?

You can't stop them skipping by doing anything apart from changing the broken part, which u can do, have a look on tarty.

As for the lockring if you look on it, it says undo on it and has an arrow pointing the way to undo, you can either buy the proper tool or do what i do and stick a nail in the hole and hit it with a mallet or a hammer.

But I think the tensile is good enough as I have ridden with both the Tensile and the White industries and when you are riding you can't tell the difference, and if the Eno is skipping and your tensile is fine and working then I wouldn't swap, but it's up to you.

how old is it because you might need to bed it in. plus some times you get a load of grease in the freewheel so this will make it skip.

so just take it all a part and then just clean it out with a tooth brush or something. to clean all the grease. and then it should work a treat

hi all,

I am swapping a new tensile freewheel for a used eno and need some help with it. The eno that i am recieving is prone to skip and the rider isn't a harsh rider but he got it off a friend so i don't know the condition. Do you think that if i gave the eno a service would it stop because usually if you grease up a freewheel it will only get worse so i think hes tried to grease the freewheel thinking that the skipping will stop. However i don't know how to take the lockring off or even service a freewheel, could someone more known to freewheels post up some form of guide to service an eno as i need help.

Or on the other hand shall i keep the new tensile freewheel he is also giving me ten pound what shall i do?

keep tensile one because you never no it might be a pile... you got a new one just keep that!