Smart Guy Forks

Ben@LeicesterTrials

Just got some Smart Guy forks and cut them down, they have a mega thick steerer as you know, and they usually have a bolt in top cap but I cut them down so the threads had gone. I brought a star nut of Tartybikes the one what fits GU/ECHO/ZOO Forks, I think they've sent me the wrong one to be honist as it was preety big and the one in my mates zoo forks in really small, Just wondering though can you run a star nut in them?

They do come in different sizes, but they get slightly smaller as you hit them in too. If its nowhere near going to fit your going to need to find eaither a smaller one or a headlock type device. Either that or take them to supercycles/any engineering place and get them to continue the thread down the forks for you.

Not exactly sure what you mean but I have a top bolt thingy for those forks I will send for the cost of postage...

He already has the topcap... He's cut them down so the steerer isn't too long, but he's cut the thread off in doing so.... So the topcap is now useless as there's no thread for it to screw into. (Y)

yer u can still run a star nut, but it has to be 1 made for 1" steerer tube but personally i wudnt bother..get a headlock :-(Y) miles better!

i made mine! ingredients:

onza front hub axle

the big shaft out of a footpump

top cap & bolt

big washer

screw the pump shaft into the onza axle and put the washer at the end of the pump shaft, put it thro forks and screw bolt in thro top cap! B)(Y)

yer u can still run a star nut, but it has to be 1 made for 1" steerer tube but personally i wudnt bother..get a headlock :-(Y) miles better!

i made mine! ingredients:

onza front hub axle

the big shaft out of a footpump

top cap & bolt

big washer

screw the pump shaft into the onza axle and put the washer at the end of the pump shaft, put it thro forks and screw bolt in thro top cap! B)(Y)

Ha ha, thats way up there in the list of top bodges. Well done sir! :-(Y)

lol Not doing any bodged, just want a star nut what will fit :), does anyone on here run a star nut in any smartguys?

Use a 1" starnut like recommended. Or if its urgent, you could use the headlock from the shogunator till you get yourself one? Dunno, just a thought. Offers there if you need it (Y)

Ha ha, thats way up there in the list of top bodges. Well done sir! :-(Y)

Use a 1" starnut like recommended. Or if its urgent, you could use the headlock from the shogunator till you get yourself one? Dunno, just a thought. Offers there if you need it (Y)

Where do i get them? of tarty? I brought one for zoo/gu/echo forks but it was massive, i dont know if they sent me the wrong one or not though as it was as big as my steerer tube and when trying to put it in it just snapped in 3 lol, right b*****d