Grinding Rims

Netherking

hey

just tried doin g my mates rims and its ok but i don't think were grinding enough. not really following a pattern, should we be?(btw we using a small angle grinder with the grinding disc)

just wondered if anyone could give us some tips, Vids would be good if anyone has one.

cheers harry

sorry if this has already been posted

I'll try and do one this week sometime if I can find my video camera... theres a few differences between how AndyT and myself grind - my way takes off less material and makes the grind sharper (depending on the disc used anyway). Should be able to get some good pics as well (Y)

Iolo used a technique he used of putting the wheel in a wheel stand, put the angle grind on it flat so that the speed of the disc spins the wheel faster and faster (up to 11,000 rpm) and THEN grind the b*stard! :lol:

Edited by PaRtZ

I'll try and do one this week sometime if I can find my video camera... theres a few differences between how AndyT and myself grind - my way takes off less material and makes the grind sharper (depending on the disc used anyway). Should be able to get some good pics as well (Y)

yeah man that would be sweet, i really wanna give it a go but don't want to bugger my rim up:P so loads of pics and vid's will help.

just need to know how deep to grind, technics people use(angles and stuff)

cheers people very helpfull