Stems Sizes

xris_x

I ride a limey (it’s not yet snapped before you ask) and I must admit its bloody long even considering I'm 6'3". I've moved from a Zebdi which is seriously short and am still trying to get the bike to feel good all round use.

I've currently got a 100mm stem with 10deg rise and the bike feels very good on the back wheel but its just so hard to bring up onto the rear wheel. I tried swapping the stem to one which was 40mm long and it made the bike exactly like the Zebdi, in fact the distance from the BB to the bar became the same as with the Zebdi, so does the stem length have the same effect as changing the frame length, I think so.

Can anyone say they found the same thing or am I just chattin arse?

I also found that with a shorter stem it was harder to handle the bike, like as if the bars where narrower, I'm trying to get hold of a 70mm stem to see if that makes for a good balance. We'll see how it goes.

Any recommendations? Can anyone else who's close to 6'3" give distances from BB to bar for there perfect setup.

Cheers Boys (any girls out there?)

I ride a limey (it’s not yet snapped before you ask) and I must admit its bloody long even considering I'm 6'3". I've moved from a Zebdi which is seriously short and am still trying to get the bike to feel good all round use.

I've currently got a 100mm stem with 10deg rise and the bike feels very good on the back wheel but its just so hard to bring up onto the rear wheel. I tried swapping the stem to one which was 40mm long and it made the bike exactly like the Zebdi, in fact the distance from the BB to the bar became the same as with the Zebdi, so does the stem length have the same effect as changing the frame length, I think so.

Can anyone say they found the same thing or am I just chattin arse?

I also found that with a shorter stem it was harder to handle the bike, like as if the bars where narrower, I'm trying to get hold of a 70mm stem to see if that makes for a good balance. We'll see how it goes.

Any recommendations? Can anyone else who's close to 6'3" give distances from BB to bar for there perfect setup.

Cheers Boys (any girls out there?)

I've got a 75 mm onza stem by 5 rise if u want it:P