New Heatsinkbikes Product

Heatsink

Thanks for your kind remarks Johnny! Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Clive Leeson bashguard a standard Protrials (22t) turned on the lathe to trim some material away for weight saving/looks. Apologies if he has already produced a splined bashguard from start to finish!

Steve

Errrmmm... I think he did something like that but when I had a Leeson it was Matt Tongue's ex-frame and it had XTR cranks..... ahh bugger completely thinking of a different crank set lmao! What a plonker, yeap think you are the first to produce an independant guard! Good work haha!

JJ.

Edited by trialmedia

Loving the look of this Steve!

A couple of years ago Adam and Dave at Tarty attempted something similar with an 18t splined cog to fit Middleburn cranks for use on a mod with bash plate, it was a shame that the proto they gave me didn't have quite enough clearance from the cranks to fit a chain though!

I am really happy that you have opened up the option to run Middleburns on a mod! When I used to ride stock I ran the same set of Middleburns for 3 years problem free, since changing to mod I have been through 3 different sets of cranks (The first set I had were Monty cranks and the tapers died quickly, then I ditched my bash plate in favour of Echo square taper cranks and bash but sadly they were machined badly [The tapers weren't right so the cranks felt really bent and meant the chain had a very tight spot on it] finally I am running my current Echo cranks which so far have been OK).

If I still had my old cranks I would be jumping at the opportunity to go back to Middleburns! Currently I don't ride enough to justify changing my working set-up however this opens up a whole new world for when I do need to replace cranks :)