New Heatsinkbikes Product

Heatsink

That is soo nice... Looks great quality too.

However, i think it would be a good idea to release other bashguards as, even though Middleburns are ace, less and less people are using them now! :( It's all about Tensiles, Echo, Zoo, GU etc...

Cheers,

Joe.

Thanks for all your positive responses :) This bashguard certainly has had alot of careful thought put into it, and I must thank Mike Singleton for riding the very first example since mid Dec '06 all around the UK, generating intrigue and allowing me to cement confidence in the fundamentals of the design whilst I continued to tweak the finer points.

Steve - do you know what the offset of these is compared to a normal chainring on burns?

I'd be interested to run one, especially if it means I can run a short BB due to the ring being further towards the crank arm :)

Jon

The Cloud9 bashguard offsets the chainring inboard by 1.5mm compared to standard Middleburn bashguards. This tiny move was necessary as part of the new geometry that allows wider chains to be run. The sprocket size decrease from 22t to 18t does allow you to run the sprocket nearer to the BB without it fouling the BB yoke.

Steve

Nice one Steve - congrats on the launch! :)

These have been in the pipeline for nearly 7 months now, so it's great to see it finally announced.

They are indeed excellent; brilliantly made, work great, and look fantastic.

Good job!

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Mar 20 2007, 07:52 AM)
That is soo nice... Looks great quality too.

However, i think it would be a good idea to release other bashguards as, even though Middleburns are ace, less and less people are using them now! :( It's all about Tensiles, Echo, Zoo, GU etc...

Cheers,

Joe.

Think your wrong there!

Middleburns will always be the cranks to get. Proven beyond belief, not designed in 2 hours by some foreign business man.

The bash looks sweet Steve!

shame i dont need one at the mo.......Why not call it "Dirty"? hehe

chris

yes mate! looks ace, as soon as my ti wears out i'll have one of those off you! 15 quid a bit steap for a rear cog with holes in it though :o other than that the bash looks beautiful!

Thanks for everyones' continued comments :) Regarding the sprocket price, this is something that I'd like to reduce as soon as I get an overstock of these sprockets. At present there is an equal number of sprockets to make up Bash Kits, hence these are worth extra to me until the new batch of sprockets arrive. By the time the sprockets have worn out (a long time with their hard-chromed finish!) these will have long been reduced down to a cheaper price, but still a few quid more than a normal rear sprocket to take into account the cost of CNC drilling. I want to show riders that the cost of replacing the sprockets on a Cloud9 bash is much more affordable than other front sprocket set-ups, in a world where sprockets for some trials set-ups are going up in price to £20 odd now!

At least at present they are still the same sort of price which you'd expect to pay for a bolt mounted front 22t sprocket, but with a harder wearing coating than most of these. It's strange how much the price of equal toothed sprockets differs between front or back mounted!

Steve

Some further exciting news:

Following enquiries about selling brand new Middleburn cranks with the Cloud9 bashkit fitted, I'm pleased to announce that the best guys are on the case.

TartyBikes.co.uk are now able to supply from their wide range of Middleburn cranks (ISIS/taper, various lengths, black/silver arms) with the Cloud9 bash fitted professionally by them (correct bolt torques and thread lock used).

Pricewise, the Middleburns cranks + cloud9 set-up slots nicely in the niche between the Protrials(22t) and Super Protrials(16t) set-ups that they sell.

I'm really pleased that Dave, Adam and the gang at TartyBikes are able to offer the complete Middleburn + Cloud9 assembly ready to go. They've got an impressive UK and Global record for delivery, and all the indepth back up knowledge you could wish for. I know that many riders around the world are aware of Middleburn cranks and envious of their reputation but have been looking for an exciting new reason to consider them and also a reputable supplier for affordable global delivery. It looks like this is now sorted!

Steve

Looks sweet Steve, hope it sells well!! I think the very first independantly produced splined b-guard was made by Clive Leeson wasn't it? Although it didn't exactly go commercial/mass produced lol! So yeah, nice one dude!

JJ.

Thanks for your kind remarks Johnny! Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Clive Leeson bashguard a standard Protrials (22t) turned on the lathe to trim some material away for weight saving/looks. Apologies if he has already produced a splined bashguard from start to finish!

Steve