Revell 450r

guineasmithpig

and for anyone who cares, i put the final touches on one of my other bikes today. she's lookin sweet!

gallery_551_521_14838.jpg

med_gallery_551_521_21948.jpg

Rock Shox Argyle's sitting pretty upfront

gallery_551_521_12664.jpg

Deity cranks, and Law pedals (very immense, very grippy. bit heavy for the trials bike though!)

med_gallery_551_521_25598.jpg

Avid Juicy 7, bulb hubs on 321CD, King Kog

What say you?

Smithy

Edited by guineasmithpig

i thought about it! and looking at it now, i think white cranks may have looked a bit gash/OTT on the white scheme

thanks for the comments peeps. oh, and just noticed you on southerndownhill kieron. i'm Trailpimipn on there, and the bikes in the 'Spangly New Kit' section too :P

smithy

• 2 weeks later...
Buy the frame brand new? How much was it?

no, not brand new. was a bloody eBay bargain though :) I believe the frames are £299 new, might have changed the name of the 26 in model now though (i know the 24in was the 250R and is now a 300S)

Pretty nice looking bike you have there. Out of intrest, how come you went for these forks rarther than DJ's?

Rock Shox are looking like THE forks this year, especially now they have released the new freeride, all mountain, and dirt/street forks to combat Marzocchi being pretty much the only company offering a good range in these areas. And Rock Shox technology is quite a bit ahead, and they still keep the weight lower in all price ranges. As far as I'm aware, the Argyle's are a fair bit lighter than the DJs. Also, there have been a few DJs appearing with cracked lowers, mainly around the arch. Either way, I rode a set of Argyles on a mate's bike, and the felt exactly like what I wanted, so went for a set. I think the 318s are the ones to have. The 409s have more features than I'd need, and I don't like the idea of faffing with air leaks EVER. they also use a magnesium alloy crown and alu steerer, and I prefer the peace of mind of the burly alu crown and steel steerer on the 318s. The 302s are a bit basic, but still very good and the weight is pretty impressive, considering how heavy the base model DJs are.

I'd be pretty wary if you look at CRC for the Argyles. The fact the white 409s are £289.99 and the mint ones are £329.99 screams 'dodgy' at me. Dunno if they've been robbed during a bike split or something, though I have been told it's cheaper to convert 318s to air than buying 409s. Also, I think you can only get 318s in white, and the 409s in mint, so something sounds fishy to me, and I'd give them a good grilling about the complete spec of the forks before purchasing. PROPER 318s *** IMO LOL

Smithy

Edited by guineasmithpig