I Need Advice

Aaron_W

I need help on how to side hop.

I'm right footed but i side hop to the right but my mates say i should side hop to the left as its easier, although i fing it harder!!

what should i do!!!HELP!!!

Edited by Aaron_W

Alot of people when first start sidehoping the way you do and then change, me being one. Reasons i changed was because when i went to leading footside like you i would go to front wheel first so if i missed the wall with me front wheel i landed on me side; where as when i side hopped other way i go more to 2wheels. Other reason is when i go away from leading foot if you dont make the side hop you land down on you pedal as its next to the chain stay, it at the back if you get me. When your sidehopping to a rail and dont make it, its alot nicer landing this side. Where as the other side theres no pedal to land on and throws you off back. Also people find it alot easier to tuck more going away from the leading foot.

There is that argument, but I find it easier to sidehop to my choco foot :).

Look at neil t, he's sidehopping massively to his leading foot.

There is no right or wrong way to do it in my opinion, just what your comfortable with :)

most people i ride with felt natraul to go to the side their choco foot is (mostly right) i remember finding it harder going to left as well when i was learning side hops about 9 years ago! but you just got to force yourself to learn, you will get it. i stopped myself going right so i didnt kill my mech but not alot of people have to worry about that now plus you can side hop up to pedel up massive stuff going the oppsite way to your choco foot. then you can learn to side hop the other way too after you got it :D

Edited by GINGER_WARRIOR

Just go with the flow. If you like gonig right keep it up just be prepared for spending abit of money/time on mechs and stuff.

Arguabley left would be better but if you hop to the right and you've got it reasonable no point starting from square one going left. If you haven't got them too good either way might be worth trying left hops. To try left just keep at it, start small and build up.

Phil

Just go with the flow. If you like gonig right keep it up just be prepared for spending abit of money/time on mechs and stuff.

Arguabley left would be better but if you hop to the right and you've got it reasonable no point starting from square one going left. If you haven't got them too good either way might be worth trying left hops. To try left just keep at it, start small and build up.

Phil

he rides mod :D

I sidehop to the right, my choco foot. I think i'll stick too it as well, i won't bend my rotor and i progress if i push myself, my foot never catches, and i can tuck, so :) all round

QUOTE(deanie-b @ Apr 2 2007, 08:58 AM)
There is that argument, but I find it easier to sidehop to my choco foot :).

Look at neil t, he's sidehopping massively to his leading foot.

There is no right or wrong way to do it in my opinion, just what your comfortable with :)

Ditto, I sidehop to my front foot side, and can do that to 2 wheels and back wheel and cannot be bothered to change it because of general concensus. Just do which is easiest, no point in making it harder for yourself.

Yo how long have you been riding buddy.

I do the same thing but i mean i have only been riding for a year and a half maby a bit less and i just feel i can sidehop high enough at the moment, just think that if your not getting as high as you want then maby try to change your style but not if you think you can sidehop high enought at the moment.

The problem people see with sidehoping the way you do is that you cant tuck the bike up as much because your leg gets in the way, But only the pros really sidehop like that.

hope this helped conor :).

Edited by koxx 20" 26" rider

I useto sidehopto my eading foot but after a while I switch it to my right and good points for sidehoping to our other foot that I find is if you don't make it up, I don't hit my chain stay as my pedal lands on the edge instead.