Water Bleed

BIGA1

Hi

water bleeds are fine providing you change the water every so often. The problem is tap water is not pure and contains iron in it. The best bet is to buy de-ironised water or distilled water as its normally called. This would eliminate the problem of damaging the seals.

Nile

Hi

water bleeds are fine providing you change the water every so often. The problem is tap water is not pure and contains iron in it. The best bet is to buy de-ironised water or distilled water as its normally called. This would eliminate the problem of damaging the seals.

Nile

water doesnt contain iron

and its de-ionised water not deironised...

just use tap water but boil it first (Y)

HI

New to this forum and trails bikes,

i was just wondering how do i refill my front brake, its magura hs11's ive read this topic and

i want to refill my front brake with water due to its about ready for a refill.

as i say im new to trails bikeing so go easy please.

cheers

Brett (Y)

HI

New to this forum and trails bikes,

i was just wondering how do i refill my front brake, its magura hs11's ive read this topic and

i want to refill my front brake with water due to its about ready for a refill.

as i say im new to trails bikeing so go easy please.

cheers

Brett (Y)

do you know if they are bled with water?

if they're not then you will have to use magura blood (Y)

The only two problems with water in maggies: One is that water doesn't work very well if the brake is dragged for long periods and heats up, e.g. if your doing downhilling. It will become spongy.

The other problem with it is the viscosity (thickness of the water) is less than blood oil. I found under really hard pulling of the brake it seeps out, the solution is to use steel beed cables like goodridge. but far the cheepest and most effective answer for trials riders who want quick maggies with a solid feel.

Well i have been bleeding my maggy with water for near on a year with no problems.

i dont do downhilling on my trials bike as its a trials bike not a downhill bike so i have no worries with the water boiling.

Just every 3 months i re-bleed the brake with fresh water.

On a ride if you asked around i think youd find that the majority of riders would be running water in there maggy/s,

IMO it feels so much better than royal blood (more responsive), people should try things or research a lil better before making out they know it all. (Y)

Edited by powerz