Conclusive Dj Ride Details.

For those that are driving -

As you enter portsmouth off the M275 you will come to a large roundabout. Get in the 2nd lane from the right and go straight on.

At the 2nd large roundabout you should still be in the middle lane. Follow this round to the right (2nd exit) and stick to the middle lane.

You should pass some traffic lights and then reach another (smaller) roundabout still in the centre lane. Head straight over taking the 2nd exit. The left lane branches off to the Cascades shopping centre multistory - you should now be in the left lane (aside from the bus lane)

You will shortly arrive at a junction. Stick to your lane and don't branch off left to the train station. Head straight through the traffic lights to the next set.

At these lights its the same story - stick to your lane (left) and contine straight on (slight left corner).

Travel along in the left lane (right will go to Gunwarf) you will see a speed camera on the opposite side of the road - Remember this when you leave, its a 30mph limit.

Straight on at the lights (no choice unless you are in the right lane to turn right).

Now you will come to a very large roundabout (thats not round and has buildings in the centre of it...)

Stay to the left and head toward the lights. Go straight on (left will take you into Guildhall). You will now be on a single road with a bus lane to your left and a toblerone shaped central divide to your right.

You will see Guildhall law courts to your left with curved 1/4 pipe-like walls.

When you get to the roundabout, come back on yourself going back the way you came (3rd exit). There are traffic lights halfway round so don't thrash it round.

Now take the first road on the left - Middle Street.

First left again - Bedford Street.

First left again - Middle Street. There is parking on the left hand side for £3 all day. You should be facing the guildhall law courts on the otherside of the road. DO NOT PARK IN THE CAR PARK ON THE RIGHT AT THE END OF THE ROAD - ITS £8 ALL DAY.

To get to the Guildhall from here, cross the road directly infront of you. To the right of the Law courts there is a wide path that goes uphill and over a bridge to the meeting point - Guildhall centre.

- - - - -

Remember the speed camera as you leave Portsmouth - its a 30mph limit.

As you join the M275 there is another speed camera - its a 40mph limit (however it won't flash if you are on the far right lane - I don't advise trying this though!)

Hope this helps everyone :) See you there...

Andy P

All Those On Trains From London Waterloo & London Victoria

The trains go as far as Fratton. This may count for ALL trains entering and leaving Portsmouth, I will keep you updated on this. If it is the case, I will organize a cruise to the Guild so no one gets lost :)

Where did you get that info from. 'thetrainline' tells me i got to get off at Fratton then there will be another train on another platform to Portsmouth & Southsea. So they go further than Fratton. Just got to change to a south-west train.

JK

Where did you get that info from. 'thetrainline' tells me i got to get off at Fratton then there will be another train on another platform to Portsmouth & Southsea. So they go further than Fratton. Just got to change to a south-west train.

JK

From all the announcements.. guards and stations manager :)

Phase Five: 2 April to 18 May

From 2 April 2007 we will be able to run more trains

between Fratton and Portsmouth Harbour. Because of

the increased train service, the shuttle bus service will

no longer run.

South West Trains will be able to run three trains an

hour to and from Portsmouth Harbour. Southern and

First Great Western will run one train an hour each.

Remaining services will terminate at, or start from,

Fratton. Some morning and evening peak services will

have to start from or terminate at Havant or Fareham.

If you have any questions, please ask a member of

staff, contact our Customer Service Centre on

0845 6000 650 or visit our website

www.southwesttrains.co.uk

Looks to be good, and that I'm going to be slapping that Station Manager next time I see him :)