Damn! What Was That?

i was just pedal hopping out side my house a few houres ago and i heard a loud snap i thourght what the hell was that

is was fine for about 5 mins then the crank locked i went flying forward smash my balls on the stem ! ouch ! i had broken a pin inside the free wheel

it caused it to lock up and now i can pedal backwards and go backwards its only cheapy free wheel and was woundering what freewheels you peaple have and what there like ?

thnx. james

Edited by da_bomb_bikes

i was just pedal hopping out side my house a few minuets ago and i heard a loud snap i thourght what the hell was that

is was fine for about 5 mins then the crank locked i went flying forward smash my balls on the stem ! ouch ! i had broken a pin inside the free wheel

it caused it to lock up and now i can pedal backwards and go backwards its only cheapy free wheel and was woundering what freewheels you peaple have and what there like ?

thnx. james

It sounds like your freewheel has exploded. Just get another freewheel. An ACS claw will do you fine.

JK

ah that is a problem i have run into multipul times now

cheap freewheels dont seem to last long on trials bike i have noticed

although saying that i am going out and buying another cheap freewheel just so i can go out on the dj ride

hopefully

but i would recomend the new tensile freewheels i have heard good things about them and that is what im buying when i have the money

I did that to my mates ollldd dicta freewheel.

Suddenly went *bang* *crunnncchhh*. Turned into a freecoaster, but I couldn't pedal anyway.

Took it back to his, opened the freewheel up... I'd snapped every pawl in half, and raped the ratchet on the freewheel body. ^_^

Moral of the story: Get a decent freewheel!

I hear Tensile's are really good if you're on a budget, if you have the money, get an ENO.