What Can I Do?

Will Fairburn

Evening,

Right I have been waiting for some parts to arrive for 2 weeks now and i know they were definately sent because i have seen a picture of reciept.

I bought the stuff off danny barnett and we both think that it may of got lost in the post.

If it has got lost,

What can i do??

Cheers, Will

x

Edited by POPPY

Evening,

Right I have been waiting for some parts to arrive for 2 weeks now and i know they were definately sent because i have seen a picture of reciept.

I bought the stuff off danny barnett and we both think that it may of got lost in the post.

If it has got lost,

What can i do??

Cheers, Will

x

is the stuff you bought worth more than £32 and if so did he pay for postal insurance...all parcels are insured upto £32 or you can pay a couple of pounds extra for postal insurance upto £100...etc

if not then you're screwed...the royal mail have all kinds of small print and disclaimers sbout 'losing' stuff!

Im 99% sure he didn't pay for postal insurance and it was 05 maggie echo lever and onza front wheel so im 100% screwed then?

thanks mate

dont take my word as law....but i think you might be :S

sorry to be the bearer of bad news (N)

but i'd also get a seceond opinion and be patient...sometimes the postal service is just really slow!

dont take my word as law....but i think you might be :S

sorry to be the bearer of bad news (N)

but i'd also get a seceond opinion and be patient...sometimes the postal service is just really slow!

Ok, Thanks though mate.

Sounds about right though haha

I work in a postroom for a publisher...

If you had been sent something special delivery it's a guranteed delivery (with tracking number and insurance incase it gets lost) if you sent it normal first or second class there's no tracking number and it's not guaranteed delivery which may mean it'll get lost on purpose (stolen).

We've had boxes come in before that have been opened at the depot, stuff taken out the delivered to us... but this was signature required so we refused to sign for it and they had to have a big investigation as to who stole what...

PLEASE NOTE:

IMPORTANT STUFF SEND SPECIAL DELIVERY OR BY COURIER, NOT NORMAL MAIL - It's common sence at the end of the day! these can then be tracked and proof of delivery is a must!!

Edited by Ghetto Rider

Aye, Royal Mail is absolute balls.

According to the Postal Services Act 2000, they aren't under any contractual obligation to deliver most mail, INCLUDING special delivery items. I find my letters opened all the time, literally 50% of letters that arrive have been obviously opened.

It's not just Royal Mail that is useless either; DHL has nicked a PDA battery that was posted to me too.