Hello All! Quick Question

KeeganB91

Ok, I know this may sounds stupid, but I really want to get started riding and I have a REALLY tight budget. I was wondering if it was possible to convert a really light BMX bike into a trials bike (just to practice on) and if I decide that I like it, then I spring and get an actual bike.

What do you guys think?

Is it possible?

Also, what is the average weight of a mod bike frame?

Cheers!

Keegan

Ok, I know this may sounds stupid, but I really want to get started riding and I have a REALLY tight budget. I was wondering if it was possible to convert a really light BMX bike into a trials bike (just to practice on) and if I decide that I like it, then I spring and get an actual bike.

What do you guys think?

Is it possible?

Also, what is the average weight of a mod bike frame?

Cheers!

Keegan

To be honest i think your going to struggle if you go down that route because it wont behave anything like a trails bike should do, its just not the right shape frame. best thing you can do if you cant afford a bike just yet is to go out onto the street and get friends with the guys riding out there and see if you can try their bikes.

But what if it was a vintage bmx bike with a really light frame?

not a chance , the geo's all wrong , i tried this once before , it was far 2 heavy and for the amount of money i spent i could have bought a brand new bike , dont do it just save up and get a proper trials bike , just out of intrest whats your budget?

Adam

Well, thanks everyone for your replies.

I would love to make friends with people who ride trials but I live in North Carolina (hickory) and NOONE rides around here.

Ill probably just save up and get a trials bike...

Just curious, can I get anything for 200-300 dollars?

Also, whats a good site to look at bikes and buy bikes?

:]

Thanks!

Keegan

Well, thanks everyone for your replies.

I would love to make friends with people who ride trials but I live in North Carolina (hickory) and NOONE rides around here.

Ill probably just save up and get a trials bike...

Just curious, can I get anything for 200-300 dollars?

Also, whats a good site to look at bikes and buy bikes?

:]

Thanks!

Keegan

tarty bikes..woooooo haha :lol:

It should be fine, a decent gearing and good brakes and your away. It will not ride like any of the modern bikes, but will give you a good indication as to whether you are suited to the sport.

This is how Trials started, people MODing their bikes for learning techniques ready to use in Motorbike Trials, this then caught on and Monty started making bikes specifically for Trials.