Disc Adapter

ned1

hi. iv searched for disc adapters to have a look at them and it seems 'boothys' is the best design, although i cant see the pics of the adapter for some reason, so could anybody put some of them on here for me please?

thanks alot

chris

or8 matt, yea iv had a scout round and the best design idea i could find was 'boothys' although i couldn't see the pics for some reason :S...but i think the hub taking all the stress etc. is a great idea although id just like some ideas from his adapter u see....got a gu typhoon stock long leo, does that have anything to do with the adapter though?...obviuosly different measurments to boothys but the idea would be the same surely?

does that have anything to do with the adapter though?...obviuosly different measurments to boothys but the idea would be the same surely?

Yeah it will because different frames have different style dropouts. You will need to have 2 fixing points instead of relying on the hub bolt only it is dodgy and with the force on the brake when you land on the edge of the wall it could cause the adapter to spin. The best designs look like the ones that go up to the maggy mounts as im guessing they will be quite stiff. If i make one i wont have to use the maggy one because i have a extra hole next to the dropout that i can use as another fixing point, but id say deffo think of away of haveing 2 fixing points.

Yeah it will because different frames have different style dropouts. You will need to have 2 fixing points instead of relying on the hub bolt only it is dodgy and with the force on the brake when you land on the edge of the wall it could cause the adapter to spin. The best designs look like the ones that go up to the maggy mounts as im guessing they will be quite stiff. If i make one i wont have to use the maggy one because i have a extra hole next to the dropout that i can use as another fixing point, but id say deffo think of away of haveing 2 fixing points.

Mine has two fixing points (Y)

It has the one that you will be able to see and the axle bolt sopports it aswell. If you added another bolt it would weaken the dropout too much. My brake works really well and holds better then my mates monty did, im really happy with mine deffinatly worth the money (Y)

It has the one that you will be able to see and the axle bolt sopports it aswell. If you added another bolt it would weaken the dropout too much. My brake works really well and holds better then my mates monty did, im really happy with mine deffinatly worth the money (Y)

From what i can see it has one fixing point and you have drill your dropout and put a bolt through for the adaptor to lean against, great idea for when your hoping on back wheel as the adaptor will push against the bolt. But when you come to a gap and land short there is only the axel fixing point doing anything and i can see this deffo creating flex and giving a poorer brake bacause of it, as there is alot of force on the disc as the rim will be acting as leaverage on the hub and disk because it is a hub that locks and not a rim on a disk brake.

From what i can see it has one fixing point and you have drill your dropout and put a bolt through for the adaptor to lean against, great idea for when your hoping on back wheel as the adaptor will push against the bolt. But when you come to a gap and land short there is only the axel fixing point doing anything and i can see this deffo creating flex and giving a poorer brake bacause of it, as there is alot of force on the disc as the rim will be acting as leaverage on the hub and disk because it is a hub that locks and not a rim on a disk brake.

Well your deffo wrong there mate as the brake works amazingly well and has no flex at all. Dont knock it untill you have tried it. For it to work well on a stock you would have to use a 200mm rotor to get the same effect as a 160 on a mod.

Edited by *BOOTHY*