Trials Competitions

D Rock 45

Hello am looking to start competitive riding, but not no were to start looking for them and dont know much about them.

Im 16 and live in west lancashire and been riding for 2 years now. am at a stage were ive got confidence to start out in competitive events.

I ride an onza blade 2011 most parts on it are echo, wheels an rims ,crank arms an freewheel ,forks an stem. brakes are maggies but front is soon to be change to hope hub an disc brake. riser bars an use a booster, will this set up determine on what events i can enter.

It would be a great help if anyone can point me in the right direaction or the name or local of any upcoming events for beginers.

Thanks in advance dieter

sweet will do, just have to sort out transport to get down. an how do i send in the entery form. is it ok to just jump in at round 3 or did i have to enter for round 1 an 2 witch ive missed

You can enter by post or online with paypal

remember you need to send membership too (look on the tyke trial page), or if you dont want to commit to more than one event you can have half membership for this event as a taster then become a full member after if you enjoy it.

I doesn't matter if you miss some of the rounds. Ill be missing round 4 unfortunatly =(

Ive been riding about 5 years, and would love to get into comps, but my confidence on and off the bike arent the best! lol I'll be going to the lee quarry round, may take my bike but not enter.

I wouldnt know which route too take myself. Hats off to you for giving it a go.

thanks

i think its the way forward for me , dont think about it just enter an have a good time. may just do the same an turn up juat to see what its like

Yep it's always worth a try. I do the blue route on the nationals and at 28 I'm usually the oldest rider there and get schooled by all the youngsters but it's always a great day out and fun riding something you never have before and really testing your ability. Really helps to improve your skills along the way as mistakes you make on your first lap give you loads to think about on the second and there's loads of riders to ask for advice if your unsure!!

Everyone gets schooled by Jack Carthy and hes 14. Worst thing you can do is boohoo about it and go home after your first 5 :giggle:

As long as you enjoy it then it doesn't mattter (Y)

Hmm I can't imagine what your referring to there :rolleyes:

And it's not Jack I'm worried about!!!

You should definitely come to the Tyke Trial on the 15th (Y) Comps are a great way to push yourself, pick up tips from other riders and meet new people. You can take it as seriously as you like, most of us are just there for a laugh and to see how we do, so you've no need to worry about it being too competitive.

Don't worry if you're not sure which route to ride, you can walk the sections beforehand and see which you think would best suit your confidence and ability. You can also change routes after no more than three sections if the route you've chosen is too easy/difficult.

As Carl said, if you're not sure you'll like it and want to keep coming, you can have a day membership for your first event, it's only three pounds so you can't go wrong. If you decide you like it and want to carry on, you can join as a full member after that.

It doesn't matter that you've missed a couple of rounds, you can enter as many or as few as you like.

Lee Mill is a great venue as well, there's a great mix of riding for all abilities and the mixture of natual and artificial stuff always makes for interesting sections.

Hope to see you both there!

You should definitely come to the Tyke Trial on the 15th (Y) Comps are a great way to push yourself, pick up tips from other riders and meet new people. You can take it as seriously as you like, most of us are just there for a laugh and to see how we do, so you've no need to worry about it being too competitive.

Don't worry if you're not sure which route to ride, you can walk the sections beforehand and see which you think would best suit your confidence and ability. You can also change routes after no more than three sections if the route you've chosen is too easy/difficult.

As Carl said, if you're not sure you'll like it and want to keep coming, you can have a day membership for your first event, it's only three pounds so you can't go wrong. If you decide you like it and want to carry on, you can join as a full member after that.

It doesn't matter that you've missed a couple of rounds, you can enter as many or as few as you like.

Lee Mill is a great venue as well, there's a great mix of riding for all abilities and the mixture of natual and artificial stuff always makes for interesting sections.

Hope to see you both there!

sounds like am going to have a sweet time then, see you there. i will take your advice an look at the routes first an try them out. am use to street riding so am going to take my time. just got sort out my front disc set up, i should have it ready this in week an be use to it in afew days. changing from rim brake, probable the cheapest change ever. 5 pound for a hope disc brake working order an a hope xc hub for the same price 15 for tarty to build it an 10 pound for the spokes, an i alredy have a 180 hope disc ,35 pound in total not to bad :)

• 2 weeks later...

i just payed online for my membership for tyketrials , it said that my card would arrive in the next week or so but the event am attending is on the 15 may. is it ok to turn up an still ride a route in the competition or do i need my member card

No problem, provided you've also pre-entered the competition just turn up on the day. If you haven't already entered the competition you can do so via the events page. We decided to hand membership cards out at the Lee Mill event, so you will be able to collect it then.

When you arrive, come straight to control; as you have (or will have) entered online you (and your parent/guardian if you're under 18) will need to sign your forms before you can collect your punch card and membership card.

If any of the above isn't clear, feel free to contact me direct either by PM or (preferably) at membership@biketrialuk.co.uk (Y)

Edited by Ben Swales