Chromebook/Google Play Music Advice?

isitafox

Anyone on here use a Chromebook? Anyone also use Google Play Music??

I'm asking as my laptop died a while back and after countless times of me nearly replacing it I still haven't the reason being I only use it for the odd bit of browsing, video editing (which I don't really do much of anyway) and iTunes so didn't feel I wanted to spend too much money.

After a bit of thinking I wondered if I bought a Chromebook could I use it to upload my current collection on itunes to Play Music and then in future rip other cd's with an external cd drive?

Has anyone on here used Google Play Music and can let me know what it's like?

Hey, we get the chromebooks for free in my college. And trust me, they're the worst piece of shit ever... It doesn't have a proper software like windows for example, it's just googles own which pretty much only allows you to surf the web. You can watch photos of a SD card, which makes the computer freeze every once in a while, but other than that it's just made for the internet... You won't be able to edit videos with it. Even youtube is slow and really laggy on this computer, which shows the computers general performance.

And if you think about using the pc's speaker.. HA! Sounds like they've put 5 tonne sand in it to make it sound even worse than a mobile speaker.

Please do not spend your money on that "computer". I haven't even used mine for a hell of a lot of months now, just can't be bothered since it slows down my school work, I just use my Ipad now :)

Hope this helps.

Sounds good to me, all I want it for is to browse the internet and upload to Play Music. Which model is it exactly?

But even browsing internet is laggy haha, and it doesn't support everything since it doesn't have a windows software. I don't know it looks like this:

https://news.opensuse.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Samsung_Chromebook_backview_webres.jpg