All MOD'ers please help!

DeeDougie

Hello everyone! My first build is under way I have acquired an onza T-PRO frame but this is going to be a complete build.

My appeal is for help with the setup on the bike.

I am looking for some ideas of what to be looking for in a hub/bb/crankset/freewheel (front preferred) etc. I have trawled tarty and trials addict but I am slightly blown away with the choice an I'm struggling to know what is compatible with what.

So to recap if anyone could put together a shortlist of what would be a complete setup for effectively the "drivetrain" of the bike.

Please keep in my im no sponsored rider with an unlike budget!! Haha

Any replies are appreciated

Dougie

My 170mm trialtech forged cranks are over 3yrs old and take/have taken a total pasting. Nothing more to be said, just buy them! (170mm would be my preference for every wheelsize, any shorter is too, er, 'spinny', when cranking about, and 175mm spread my feet to far apart).

Also look for onza/tensile BB's, They can be found cheap if your savvy (£19 posted from uk), I've found no better value on the market and use nothing else.

For the rear sprocket get a Trialtech or Onza 12t screw on item, does what it's suppose to do for around a tenner.

You generally can't/won't go too far wrong buying onza and trialtech bits, massively avoid trialtech 108.9 freewheels though, owned 2 of em - total dog poop.

Edited by CC12345678910

t-poo's are great to learn on just because they're so terrible. If you got a new 'modern' geo in like a years time its like gods greatest gift. Also, they're built like brick s**t houses and so you'll never break it.

You must have been lucky. They were fairly snap happy.

Always went at the end of the gusset on the downtube. But yeh, I echo others. Epic base to build on.