Fitting TryAll Carbon Forks into Rockman Gabbro

niconj

Hello Guys. 

I bought the Rockman V-Brake frame off this forum and just tried to fit my forks into it without success. It seems as if the fork goes too deep into the frame. 

I cannot tighten the headset enough to keep it from moving and if I tighten it more it doesn't spin freely. 

On thing I should mention it's that the crown race is of an Echo sl headset while the Rockman has an internal headset from try all. 

The Seller forgot to send the crown race but would that make the difference? 

Thanks. 

IMG_20160107_220355.jpg

IMG_20160107_220452.jpg

The crownrace will make a difference though i wouldn't of thought it would make alot of difference as i have used different parts off different headset before and had no problems, your best option is probably to ask the seller to send you the original crownrace as that (you would hope) should work together as it is the same brand "tryall" and you would their parts fits together! If the seller has lost the crownrace im sure you will find a similar one and  be able to buy one from tarty or somewhere? 

Edited by Marcus Chapman

7 hours ago, niconj said:

On thing I should mention it's that the crown race is of an Echo sl headset while the Rockman has an internal headset from try all. 

The Seller forgot to send the crown race but would that make the difference? 

Thanks.

Yes, your problem is a headset one, not a fork one.

On 8. Januar 2016 at 7:27 AM, Adam@TartyBikes said:

Yes, your problem is a headset one, not a fork one.

I talked to the seller and he told me that he's been using Echo forks with integrated crown race without a problem. I tried to use the Echo crown race I got (which should be the same angle then) with the above mentioned outcome. Is this still a headset problem? Wouldn't be the first time Try All parts aren't compatible with each other. :)

Edited by niconj

You need a taller crown race, eg. the Try-All one.

Edit: Sorry for the short replies before, it's a pain typing on my phone... But basically the Echo crown race isn't very tall, the angle is fine but it won't work with the Try-All headset when the fork has a big fat crown.

• Like 1