Questions

Thedy

Hi!

I have two questions :)

First i'd like to get some help identifying my forks. (1st and 2nd pic) (also guessing its a 26" fork by the size of the gap)

Second, when im just rolling the bike beside me, the cranks are spinning. I have a fixed on the back and a brand new jitsie 108.9 freewheel on the front. The crank bolts are as tight as anything but still there is a ~2.5mm gap between the bb and the freewheel 3rd pic) .Tried to put spacer in between but its like the freewheel getting smashed and get hard to spin the cranks.

Could it be the BB? (there is a bit of movement on the spindle, and the bb seems tight) 

Sorry if the questions seems stupid, never had anything like this setup. Im good with bmx build and maintance and just learning this now.

Thanks

fork1.jpg

fork2.jpg

freewheel.jpg

Edited by Thedy

first things first, don't panic.  most front free wheel setups seem to spin the cranks with the chain while you are pushing the bike.  there is usually slightly more drag in the freewheel mechanism that the bottom bracket bearings. in time you might find the cranks sometimes spin and sometimes not, if they find a slightly tighter spot on the bb once it been used a bit.  as for forks, look like neon judging by the logo, which looks factory rather than a sticker. somebody else on here might be able to tell you more. also, they could be a 24 or 26 inch fork as often they have a very similar axle to crown length (sometimes the 24 is actually longer)  look tasty though

Edited by robkerly

those forks and that spacing look fine, really nice upgrade over the standard forks. the jitsie freewheels are quite stiff that is normal. could you show a top down picture of the crank/freewheel, there should be a very fine spacer between the freewheel and crank/bashring don't let the freewheel sit so wide that it touches the bottom bracket. take your cranks off and check that the bottom bracket is tight to be sure your not damaging anything. there is some flex to zoots so it could just be that.

There isnt any spacer between the cranks/bashring and freewheel as the original setup didnt have either so when i assembled i kinda followed the original ones build. Now i realized that the original freewheel was a bit wider, but as i dont have a vice, cant take off the freewheel (its stuck already) even though i have spacers now. The movement is not so big, its actually 1-2mm maximum. Barely visible on the cranks itself, more on the chain tightness.

ah, in that case either the bb cup isnt screwed in tight or the bb is worn. if you unscrewed it to fit that extra spacer, it maybe loose. if not, its the bearing in the bottom bracket, which are cartridge type and non adjustable.  trials is pretty harsh on drivetrain components and they tend to get play fairly quickly.  if you can put up with a bit of wobble, it will probably last that way for ages and ages, or you need a re[placement bb

the bb cup seems tight (dont have a proper tool to check yet but its more than hand tight for sure :D) i've ridden a couple times with it so it feels okay. Only the gear ratio (18-14) feels too light after my BMX (26-9 :D) so might swap for a 18-12 setup as riding to spots really takes so much effort now that i dont wanna go "far" :D and as a street trial bike it should be okay i guess :D