Hub Problems

random

Having major haterid toward my Chris King Single Speed rear currently.

It's not old, only got it sumemr thus year off Fatmike (Y)

It's been trial tweaked and fully bedded in.

Now when it came to the tweaking w enoticed the axle had cracked...full length

Now the bearing adjst cone keeps coming lose cos it's wank..well it's not but it's got a mind of tit's own..bastered thing.

Been out tonight rididng it cos it was a cool ride and i really tested and pused me self knwoing doing the 8ft drops etc i was she could be waiting to go BANG!!!!!!!!! at any given time...she skiped, coughed, bitched and winged but she stayed good...probs cos totmrow im gonna gut her up.

So full report back then but besides that has anyone eles got issues with there kings?

My hd went in a weke after getitng the hub!

I've sene a few King issues come up lately and wandering has standerds slipped.

Soz for random post but it's all good man, boy, women, etc.

Pete

i snapped my axle and me being cool lol let fat mike atack my poor baby with a grinder. was so funny had to film it. but mines skipped a few times and i carry on. i went over the bars once in a gap when it slipped. led me to hostpital though. ripped my nail off. nearky broke wrist middle finger and thum. thanks mike for ringing ambulance lol

Well to be onist i heard about all this chris king hubs skipping a 360 degreez turn, But mine has skipped a few times maybe 2 or 3 and it has not been that bad at all really it just made a bit of a noise and then was ok, But it is scarey thinking your hub is going to skip a hole pedal turn, But if you have treated it well it should all be ok, just pre load properly every time and you should be perfectly fine. (Y)

Okay so today i gutted her.

Axle, HD, fun bolt, bearing coler with bolt. Axle was cracked in less than a week from new. Well it was 3''down now it's all the way to the bearing coller, hehe. So i just cleaned it and the color thread and it works now.

Hub was an i'll bit black on the inside, so clean and tuned it up.

Bearings had packed down and out so lubed back up.

I didn't fully gut her, drive ring out a si wasn't in the mood a si had disc issue to sort...but it works now...but the problem is most defo the axle.

Not had problems with HD's untill now but std ones all the time.

Why a king skips - they overload it with lube, you have to strip it clean it, ride it to bed it in. Job done

Fear - you worry about you brakes, bolts snapping, lines blowing, pad shearing, well dont worry about you king.

Send it to tarty he'll tune it for trials.

Mines okay but i need to lube it up but fully strip it again....so maybe lastter in the week