Tatoos

Synergy

ok ive always wanted a tatoo (sp?) and ive not been sure on them

for example what are prices for certain sizes.

also where is bad places to get them? ie hurt?

do they actually hurt that much ? what can you compare the "pain" too?

post up your tatoos if you wish and tell a price n how sore?

thanks.

I quote from my friends; "Like dragging a blunt compass along sunburn". Although I hav'nt had one done so don't take my word for it.

Tom

will have to try that one haha.

Im in the same boat as you, i want one but I dunno what to get etc.

Just gonna get a small one 1st to see what pain is like I think (Y)

Pain depends on your artists, some have heavy hands some don't...For my ribs I had a super heavy handed guy, it would take 4 weeks to heal- during the tattoo it would be insanely painful. For my chest I have a new artist, I fall asleep during it....it is like a massage- it also heals basically in 48 hours.

Generally the most painful areas are the ribs, the throat, around the elbow, the hip bone...everyone is different- some say the spine hurts, some don't...I don't know yet...but seriously the biggest deal is who the artist is and how you prepared for it. If you want to pass out, just don't eat anything- I guarantee it will be hilarious.

Price should be no object, I'll have spent tens of thousands of dollars by the end of my life- don't skimp on that shit or you are just a f**king idiot. Artists charge by the hour; I've paid for 150 euro an hour in france ( 4 hour job), $100 an hour and $150 an hour in america...the most expensive people don't go past $200 an hour unless they are anil gupta...tin tin in paris was 200 euro an hour, and he isn't even that great. I personally hate small things, they are worthless to me, each one of my projects generally takes 10-20 hours to complete to give you an idea of how much money is involved.

Pain depends on your artists, some have heavy hands some don't...For my ribs I had a super heavy handed guy, it would take 4 weeks to heal- during the tattoo it would be insanely painful. For my chest I have a new artist, I fall asleep during it....it is like a massage- it also heals basically in 48 hours.

Generally the most painful areas are the ribs, the throat, around the elbow, the hip bone...everyone is different- some say the spine hurts, some don't...I don't know yet...but seriously the biggest deal is who the artist is and how you prepared for it. If you want to pass out, just don't eat anything- I guarantee it will be hilarious.

Price should be no object, I'll have spent tens of thousands of dollars by the end of my life- don't skimp on that shit or you are just a f**king idiot. Artists charge by the hour; I've paid for 150 euro an hour in france ( 4 hour job), $100 an hour and $150 an hour in america...the most expensive people don't go past $200 an hour unless they are anil gupta...tin tin in paris was 200 euro an hour, and he isn't even that great. I personally hate small things, they are worthless to me, each one of my projects generally takes 10-20 hours to complete to give you an idea of how much money is involved.

You're a f**king lunatic Andrew :P

I've been pondering a tattoo lately , want something symbolic :) , Gonna have to wait for a year and a bit though (N)

Edited by deanie-b

dragging a blunt compass over sunburn is a pretty good way to explain it actually.

Its like when u sit on a pin but with it being so constant u get used to it. Ive only had one done on my upper arm, where most get the first one, and it didnt hurt anywhere near what i thought. The outline stings the most cos its a finer needle (or summat like that), the filling in (if u get a solid black one) is a peice of pi55. Definatly going to get another one but not sure where, or what yet.

If you thinking about it and the only thing putting you off is the pain then just bite your tongue and go for it. well worth it if ur set on keeping it for life, if u aint 110% sure u want it with u forever then dont do it!

Frooty

Like I've said before, I have around ~30 hours of work done on me right now...when I die it will be closer to the thousand of hours range. Some shit will hurt bad, some wont- I can't really handle over 4 hours at a time...the pain is part of it, tis quite nice.

I've had too many drink to be commenting right now on anything