My Echo Lite

Muel

I've made a few updates to my Echo, so I thought I'd take some snaps and wack them up.

2676778001_041d4350bc_o.jpg

2676779607_0859d9707b_o.jpg

2676779985_839810c87f_o.jpg

2676780379_a3361b0dcd_o.jpg

2677599038_dfb71943f3_o.jpg

I really like that one, dunno why but it just seems like a good angle.

2677595390_66cb2b4e1b_o.jpg

2677596170_4e6183343a_o.jpg

FRAME: Echo Lite 08 Long.

FORK: Shortened Pace XC Carbons.

F WHEEL: Monty TI.

R WHEEL: Monty TI.

CRANKS: Monty TI.

BASH: HEN Bikes.

FREEWHEEL: Tensile

F BRAKE: Hope Mono Trial Monty Edition 07.

R BRAKE: Hope Mono Trial Monty Edition 07.

BAR: Monty TI Extended to 29".

GRIPS: Trialtech thicks.

STEM: Monty TI.

PEDALS: Wellago Magnesium.

TYRES: Creepy Crawler Rear, Try-All Front

Comment away ladies.

Edited by Muel

:- niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. me thinks your a bit of a bike pimp. looks lush. looks pretty light as well. nice man.. now go ride it and scratch it up :P

ooooo and tensioner. iv always wondered whether its worth getting a tensioner for mod. like 74 kingz one doesnt need the hanger so could work. whats it like??

Edited by rudirudirudirudirudi

Oh she gets ridden. :P

The tensioner was just a little something I knocked up to test a theory I had about why my rear brake was so spongey, and I was right. It was because the disc was pulled out of the caliper too far, this worked well enough, so I can't be bothered changing it now.

I think the chain needs replacing, it must be about 9 months to a year old now.

take those stupid bands of they wont make you ride liek stan

If your referring to the elastic band around the front brake, it's to make the bike stand up, so the front wheel doesn't roll. See the rock?

I've got discs, why would I need them anyway?

Damm i thought i was the first to get in the local tech class room and terrorize the vinyl cutter and put my name on my bike, but mule cant be real your name so,,, i win!

Nice bike btw Mule, if that’s what you wish to be called.

Tis Muel, it comes from Samuel. But yeh it's pretty much my name, most people call me Muel these days.

I photoshopped them and got Poisson on here to print them for me, they came out really well methinks. :P

Looks awesome, but would look better with some trials forks! :P

They are trials forks! :P

I've got some Echo Lites at home aswell, they went back on a few weeks ago, then rapidly came off again. These are just so much nicer!

I forgot to mention the forks. Anyone who is now wondering about them, please look in my old topics as I think I'll have answered every question about them in there. :P

I like that you are running a tensioner and some custom forks. Do you have any pics of the tensioner off the bike?

No sorry, it's just a flat, 3mm thick piece of steel in a loopy sort of L shape, with a bolt through it. It's not even a roller on the bolt, the chain just runs over the spacer from an old jockey wheel, and the outer plate is one of the plates from the same jockey wheel. I'm going to try and make a roller for it, because even though it works really well and hasn't jammed or chucked the chain yet, it's really loud. :P

I LOVE,

lol you hacked a set of pace forks !!?? just makes it ever more amazing the forks look great just unique.

LOVE LOVE LOVE, iw ishihadn't got rid of my mod now :(.

Cheers dude. :P

I didn't shorten the forks, the guy who owned them before me got them shortened by a proper carbon fibre company, they've been great so far, I've been trying to learn hooks recently, I can already japslap though and they've put up with me doing that for about 6 months now I think.

• 3 weeks later...
It would look good if your name wasn't on it. No offence meant of course, i just don't like the font. Or maybe the letters have to much spacing?

Fair enough, I like them but I don't think I'd do it again. JonMack called me egotistical. :

I think the letters are a tadge spaced out, but I really like the concept of it. I reckon it goes really well with the 'clean-ness' of the bike with the pinstripe bit.

What he said. :P

Why havent you taken the mash mounts off yet muel :P

Because the only one I could take off would be the centre one for the rubber bit, and if I took it off I'd save about 10g and I couldn't put the bash back on.

Love that!

Looks really good, and love the Muel sticker :P

Sweet! That fork is abit cool and different. (Y)

Cheers guys! I love the forks, other people have said it would ride better with some normal ones, but I put my Echo Lites back in recently and changed it back after about 15mins, it just felt wrong.

Looks really hot muel, a change of cranks is in need though. Ive snapped enough monty cranks :(

That's because your a fat basher that likes doing silly high drops. :P

They are trials forks! :P

I've got some Echo Lites at home aswell, they went back on a few weeks ago, then rapidly came off again. These are just so much nicer!

I forgot to mention the forks. Anyone who is now wondering about them, please look in my old topics as I think I'll have answered every question about them in there. :P

looks nice man!, how much does that fork weight? :D