I've Broke My Bb7

CC12345678910

So I did an up to front up 5 blue crates and sommet went bang and the brake locked rock solid. Got home and had a look and this is the result.

Sorry about the crappy pics, it's the best I could do.

PICT0001.jpg

Where the arrow is where the pad should be... (And the shiny bit is the magnet)

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

The Pic ^ shows that the magnet has come out of where it's supposed to be.

This Brake is less than 10 hours old. It's so new that the pads hadn't even bedded in properly.

Do I have warranty claim or is it tough luck and a holiday from riding?

All thoughts appreciated.

doubt it's broken. the only time i've seen this happen is when you dial your outboard pad adjuster way too much...it's a threaded piece, and if you turn it too much it runs out of threads and stuff falls out. see if you can pop it back in to place and adjust the pad adjuster to make it grab the threads.

I dont get what you mean.

The bit thats broken dosent have any threads, just a washer thats let go. (I think)

alright, you should probably get some better pictures, but if it's anything like what's happened to me in the past, what's fallen out is the piece that the pad sits against. it's got a small stud on one side for the pad, and a small stud on the backside that fits in to the caliper. this piece can be pressed back in by hand, but that often only solves half the problem because when you get to the point where that thing has fallen out, the outboard pad adjuster has lost thread contact with the actual piece responsible for moving in and out, and spinning the adjuster will do nothing.

iyt all yeh sorted it now for him it was the nib on the right side pad adjuster that had been screwed in till the nib went in, the nibby thing that sticks out of the adjuster lol yea sorry dont know whats its called but yeh just took the red plastic casing off on the right side and srewed the nib out and knocked the magnet back in a bashed the lot together