The Injuries/aid Thread

Rich Pearson

A whole lot of people have injured themselves in pretty hideous ways weather they're riding trials or if the injuries they have are hindering them from riding. People like Physio (Simon Lord) have helped a whole heap of people on here from Tunni to Waynio and from Dave Cleaver to me, but there are a lot of people posting threads about their injuries which clogs up the forum and makes people like Simons job harder. So....

Have you hurt yourself? Do you think you have an injury which could do with looking at? Do you know someone or even better ARE you someone who is trained to solve these kinds of problems? If you have hurt yourself then post the details of it in here so as it can all be kept in one place, and if you can help people and want to or know someone who is willing to help people, leave your/their contact details here.

Just to give people an idea..... Simon went down to see Andrei Burton to sort out a buggered ankle, and after a good chat with Andrei, found a whole heap of degenerative problems with his arms, legs and back. With Simons help, Andrei is back on his feet (literally) and is tougher than ever. If you have anything that you're not sure about, post it in here and/or get in touch with someone like Simon.

For all those interested, you can contact Simon Lord via MSN at silord@hotmail.com or send 'physio' a PM.

Hopefully this can help solve problems like Waynes who had to ask around for physio advice, and can also give people who have injured themselves a way of making contact with the people who can really help them.

Hope this all helps. (Y)

Rich

thanks, thats great stuff! Ive added physio to my hotmail, i look forward to speaking to him, i put a post on here last week about me doing my ankle, physio PM'd me straight away and gave me some advice and woould like a chat, so ill let you know how it goes (Y) Ankle still hurts by the way after a week of rest :

It's gonna take weeks make, tendon damage does, just relax and let it heal PROPERLY. It took me six weeks to get walking properly again after I buggered my Achilles' up.

Joe

I fell of my bike doing manuals. I got up and was winded for about a 1 minute. Now my back hurts. When i breathe, cough and sneeze are the worst times, But it also hurts when i use it to much, e.g lifting..

can someone help me to get back to riding again.... I can ride along, but as soon as i try to pedal kick it hurts so much.

From Lee

• 6 months later...

yeah people. as rich has already said, simon is more than willing to help, as most of the injuries sports persons incur aren't what the nhs wants to deal with. they just patch up people as if they're just old ladies who need to be able to walk to the post office and back!

for instance, after rupturing/tearing the ligaments in my ankle multiple times, and being sent away from A&E with nothing more than a tubigrip (not even crutches!) i trashed my ankle again, and got the same treatment from NHS again. i was soon put in touch with simon, and he travelled over to take a look. on further inspection he assessed that the ankle was beyond healing itself and action was called for. he sorted it out good and proper, and after as much rest as he saw fit, it is now (literally) stronger than I ever remember, and its holding up to falls and rigours off biking that would have had flat on my ass last year!

sorry for caps, but....

IF YOU HAVE AN INJURY THAT IS BOTHERING YOU, GET IT LOOKED AT!!!!! as i'm slightly older than a lot of kids who ride trials these days, i fed up to the back teeth of people not wanting to get sorted because it means time off the bike. thats fair enough, but you don't realise what a recurring problem will result in until you get to my sort of age and after years of abuse, that little niggle is now causing you shedloads of trouble and even more time off the bike. i wish i could of got mine sorted when i first did it about 5 years ago, because it wouldn have compiled into an almost useless ankle that needed 4 months to fix!

at least speak to simon, he'll be able to get a fairly good idea of your issues just over msn or something, and you would thank yourself for it if you could see a couple of year into the future! it'll take far less time to sort now than when you've mullered it a few more times.

thanks simon, from a very grateful patient!

Smithy

hows the broken leg coming on now mate? i know we been talking about it etc but i think the trials fraternity would like to know your eta on riding again lol

Well for all those that are interested, i broke my leg on the 10th of june, and its now 9 november, and im still not allowed to ride. I have decided that im going back to riding in january, ordering a new wheel, paying of paul in like 2 weeks, and then riding again.

I have been learning to drive, and thats fine. My docter said that it would rebrake again if i did a emergency stop. I did it, and it doesnt hurt at all. The only problem that i had was that my ankle. All the muscles in my ankle refused to work for ages so after some awesome help from simon(physio on here) it works, and is nearly back to normal. I can bunny hop on a bike machine, so im sure i can bunny hop my bike. I have recently spent alot of time in the gym, doing alot of leg work. I have been building my calf and my thigh, bringing it back to normal. My ankle does sometimes make a random clicking sound, but that doesnt hurt!

anyways, i gotta get revising these silly questions i got my driving test tomorrow!

Lee

i havent really posted this up..... but here we go long story.....

i fell off my trials bike... and the bar went into my chest and i knew instantly that summink wasnt right

after being able to breath slightly i lyed down and my rib was cracking so i was like oh f**k another rib

down!!! lol so i walked home (like 2 miles) i managed to get a lift upto hospital.... i past out in the waiting

room after 3 hours and was being sick..... 6 hours being in hospital a doctor came over like ahhh you

need an x -ray (no shit sherlock) he said i had a broken rib.... (derrrr) and kept me in for obsovation

it was so lame i signed out after 11 hours and went home

i felt rough for a week... but the next weekend i was out riding and no pain or anything at all... 15 days

after the incident at colledge i suddenly came over all :sick: and threw up and my stomach swelled and

was in a lot of discomfort... when riding my moped home my eyes kept on going black but its a pretty

short ride........

i got home passed out a few times but refused to go to hospital 6 hours later my dad forced me in.....

they were well good (cheers southend =D)

turned out i had ruptured my spleen and had 1.5 litres of blood just floating about my stomach.....

oh well all sorted now...... bout 3 weeks later now spent the 1st of it in hospital but now feeling fine

i got a f**k off scar and playing some light football a few tournaments and stuff but nothing contact....

but with trials its sooooo intense.... i mean i cant ride trials lightly becuase its all power moves

im wondering has anyone had anything like this??? i mean they said 6 months till football.... so 3 weeks in

am i doing the right thing? they said i could hernia from the wound and it is a f**k off wound!!! lol

anyone any advise??? wanna play proppa football and proppa riding..........

buy my bike now...!!!! i wanna get a mod before i can ride again!!! lmao