Help Please

monty boi

Right guy's this is hard to explain but, my rear wheel keeps moving ive tried tightening it up, but it still comes loose also my rear disk wont work because the wheel keeps moving when i brake, its really getting me down, can anyone give me some help on how to sort this problem out please,

If so thanks.

Adam :(

Edited by monty boi

The rear wheel keeps moving because the cones are loose?, or have you threaded the bolts on the hub?, what hub is it?.

If youre not sure it would be a good idea to take it to your local bike shop

Its a white monty 221 ti hub, might sound silly, but how do i tighten the cones?

Adam :$

Its a white monty 221 ti hub, might sound silly, but how do i tighten the cones?

Adam :$

You don't, it has sealed cartridge bearings.

Does the wheel move in the drop-outs, or do the bearings seem loose?

That is just a spacer it doesn't affect the axel or the tightening up of the bolts at all. Get a allen key on each bolt and do them up tight.

When you do the bolts up do they just keep turning and not tighten? if so i think you have striped the threads in the axel. First make sure the threads on the bolts are fine and it isn't them that is stripped. If they are fine you need a new axel, i should think you will be able to get one. Try clean bikes.

you have it round the wrong way.... the larger diameter end should be against the hub, the smaller at the cam or frame or whatever.

Edit.

Those white bits that i've said are round the wrong way and you have pointed out should have small alen bolt's in them, tighten them up so they move with the axel. make sure they are against your hub before tightening though.

Other than that I don't know what to suggest as long as your axel's not snapped or anything like that.

Edited by jake1516