My Pad Reviews

ftw

Hi everybody, I was just thinking that there is a fair few people on this forum that are always asking, which pads are the best for this, which pads are the best for that. So I decided to do my own reviews on the pads I have purchased and used so far. So I hope I help.

On a scale of 1-4 I will rate these pads with 4 being the best.

Koxx browns - medium grind wet and dry weather, 3

Koxx yellows - harsh grind wet and dry weather, 3

Koxx greens - medium grind dry weather, 2

Koxx reds - meduim grind awsome in wet and dry weather, 4

Koxx blues - medium grind rubbish in wet and dry (IMO I think these are the wosrt pad). 1

Plazmatic crm - meduim/harsh grind dry weather only also dab or tar. 4= dry 1= wet.

Zoo's - anodised rim basicly when bought, dry weather also tar, 3

Joy pads - harsh grind wet and dry weather. 3

monty short pads - harsh grind no tar wet and dry weather only lasts like 2 weeks worth the £9 though. 4

Thats just about it really I will keep on posting reviews on pads I will be using.

my favourite pad out of the selection are most probably the koxx reds or the monty short pads.

Hope I have helped thanks Ross.... (Y)

a pad reviews thread should be stickied.

here some of my reviews too (i will use the same scale 1-4):

plazmatic crms - amazing bite in the dry on anything from a medium to dead grind, dont work in the wet. 3

rock pads - annoying squeal, no bite ok hold, water didnt affect them. was used on a heavy and light grind. 2

phat pads/joy pads - crazy ammount of bite, crazy hold, very loud and worked exactly the same in wet. was used on a medium grind. 4

zoo pads - didnt work on the rear well enough, worked alright on the front. wont work if its damp of have dust on the rims. 2

montys - their so spongy have no hold, not even on the front. 1

koolstops - works ok but must be used with tar. 1

magura blacks - same as koolstops. 1

Edited by Grant H

a pad reviews thread should be stickied.

here some of my reviews too (i will use the same scale 1-4):

plazmatic crms - amazing bite in the dry on anything from a medium to dead grind, dont work in the wet. 3

rock pads - annoying squeal, no bite ok hold, water didnt affect them. was used on a heavy and light grind. 2

phat pads/joy pads - crazy ammount of bite, crazy hold, very loud and worked exactly the same in wet. was used on a medium grind. 4

zoo pads - didnt work on the rear well enough, worked alright on the front. wont work if its damp of have dust on the rims. 2

montys - their so spongy have no hold, not even on the front. 1

koolstops - works ok but must be used with tar. 1

magura blacks - same as koolstops. 1

I like your thinking. :ermm: We should all post our pads reviews here. On the scale 1-4

Ross. (Y)

Make this a sticky!!!

pads I've used so far :-

Rock pads (the blue ones that were dyed red by accident) held well on a medium grind, but couldn't get the noise i wanted from them, =3

ZOO! - Smooth rim with a light spray of Monty brake, superb hold and bit with an aggressive sound, on my second set of these =3

Maggy Kool stops - smooth with tar/monty brake, only good with tar or monty brake, i only use these when my ZOO! or Rock pads have died and I'm waiting for the new ones to arrive. =1

well to be honest, this account will never get validated seeing as i have 30% warn =]

You never no, if you put a few excellent topic/posts you may get validated. I also dont remember reading in the rules that if you have warning you can't be validated. :)

Edited by mr ?

well to be honest, this account will never get validated seeing as i have 30% warn =]

Which you wouldn't have if you didn't reply to every topic going and start immature slagging matches with your mates in threads.

You've only got yourself to blame.

Besides, the amount of detail in the actual pad reviews thread far surpasses these little sentences on each pad as you've not even told us what rim you've got and how long you've used them for.

Which you wouldn't have if you didn't reply to every topic going and start immature slagging matches with your mates in threads.

You've only got yourself to blame.

Besides, the amount of detail in the actual pad reviews thread far surpasses these little sentences on each pad as you've not even told us what rim you've got and how long you've used them for.

i will go back and edit then.

i cant edit :(

plazzies - worked amazing straight away, used on a ronnie for about 2 months and on a BMF for a month, worked equally as well on either.

rock pads - used with tar at first, was alright but then decided to grind my rim (ronnie) it was good for the first hour, then the power went and so did the bite, i used these for a week.

phat pads - used on a ronnie rim for about 2 weeks, took no time to bed in at all.

zoo pads - used on smooth rim on a echo 07, didnt work from the first time they were fitted. they are ok for front use. used for 2 weeks

montys - used on smooth rim on a echo 07, was shit at first then got a bit better, not good enough though. ok for front use, but not that good, used for 3 days.

koolstops - i used these on the front when i couldnt do much front wheel stuff, they dont work with out tar. used on a smooth reggie for about 2 weeks.

magura blacks - as bad as koolstops, used on smooth reggie for 5 days.

Edited by Grant H

look were not trying to be funny all we are doing is doing a pad review,I thought it would of been a good idea. Also If you think you can do better then lets close this one and you do one, us lot that have put the effort into doing this arn't doing it to waste time. Were doing it to waste pointless topics about pads, when they can all go into one big so we can prevent more room on the forum.Another thing is that people are mensioning trials chat when us new members cannot post in trials chat which gives us nothing to talk about,so we are never going to get validated when people like you that mess it up and just gets closed.So stop been idiots and trying to f**k up everyones topics and grow up. :sleeping:So lets keep these reviews coming in shall we.

Which you wouldn't have if you didn't reply to every topic going and start immature slagging matches with your mates in threads.You've only got yourself to blame.Besides, the amount of detail in the actual pad reviews thread far surpasses these little sentences on each pad as you've not even told us what rim you've got and how long you've used them for.
All the pads I used were on try all rims silver, black, gold, red. 36 hole hope this makes it easier to understand. :P Edited by ftw

look were not trying to be funny all we are doing is doing a pad review,I thought it would of been a good idea. Also If you think you can do better then lets close this one and you do one, us lot that have put the effort into doing this arn't doing it to waste time. Were doing it to waste pointless topics about pads, when they can all go into one big so we can prevent more room on the forum.Another thing is that people are mensioning trials chat when us new members cannot post in trials chat which gives us nothing to talk about,so we are never going to get validated when people like you that mess it up and just gets closed.So stop been idiots and trying to f**k up everyones topics and grow up. :sleeping:So lets keep these reviews coming in shall we.

All the pads I used were on try all rims silver, black, gold, red. 36 hole hope this makes it easier to understand. :P

I wasn't trying to "f**k up everyoones topics", i was just stating theres no point making a pad reviews thread in new members when theres such a vast amount of information in the full members one. We still get pad questions in trials chat so a pad review thread won't stop it... especially with the majority of new members not even reading the guidlines let alone searching through a pad review thread. I mean, all the reviews in the actual thread are similar to this:

Pads: Rimjam v3's plastic backings.

Time used: about 3 weeks

Rim used: Echo 07 26"

Grind: Mediumish... bordering harsh. 3-5 weeks old nevertheless.

Brake used: Maggie, RB lever.

Opinion of a working brake: Nice loud noise when biting suddenly. Would hold well on a totally flat wall without slipping.

Previous pads used: Where do i begin..... Plazzies, Koxx yellows & blues, Old rimjams, joypads, coust pads, heatsink blues, heatsink reds, tensile bubblegums, magura blacks (:sick:).

Review:

Nice loud noise at first it seemed to be a bit of a honker, then as the pads wore it got a bit more girly... probably in the last 2-3mm of the pad material. Bite was immense, with these pads i actually had enough confidence to start the whole apply the brake inches before you land thing and oh my gosh i'm hooked :lol:. The hold was okay i guess, if i was trackstanding and clamped the brake amply and REALLY pushed on the lead pedal it slipped a few mm and slipped on missed taps/gaps a bit but other than that, perfect. Pads were worn at some silly angle and still wanted to save my life everytime i hopped. All in all, VERY impressed.

Which is a LOT more helpful compared to yours. I mean, if you really want to do a pad review thread, you need to have replies of the same kind of standard before it'll be made a sticky... the chances of which are very slim anyway due to the points i raised further on in the post.

And yes, i did understand it.... it just wasn't very helpful/detailed.