The Fort Bill Cup!

BikeTrial Federation

U.K. Biketrial Federation’s next National Championship event will be held at the Aonach Mor Ski area, Fort William in the Western Highlands of Scotland. The venue offers outstanding facilities and sections, visit www.nevisrange.co.uk for information about the site.

Sent around the World today;

post-1091-1182848837_thumb.jpg

Edited by BikeTrialUK

damn it i wish i was riding it now, should have got me arse in gear.

James i am guessing that if you ring Barbara and speak nicely to her you will be ok, it is our policy to not turn people away, however we would like people to pre enter it makes it a lot easier.

We won't be there as I have a very very important prior engagement on that Sunday. a little bit gutted but not to worry.

As this is the first time that a National Championship has been held in Scotland some potential Scottish entrants, plus those from the Borders, may not be aware that entry forms can be downloaded in two versions, one for postal entrants and one for on – line entrants.

Here is a link to both.

Postal entries

On - line entries

Due to the recent postal strikes entries will be accepted up to the 5th of July, but on line is more reliable.

The trophies for this event have kindly been manufactured by Hope, there are further goodies from local companies plus observers gifts from Blacks Leisure and camping. The Ski range site has excellent facilities including a cafe. Some local riders may not be aware that we run guest classes with sections for all abilities, entrants do not have to ride a particular route. The section plotters are planning to make full use of the varied terrain, it promises to be a great event.

Hey ben, this is going to be one thing that i may be better than you at ;) altho by the time you get there i may be in hospital from going down the DH track :P am off up with one of the sponsored DH lads on thursday so will be having a blast. make sure you take more than your trials bike.

Anyone else going up early doors to have apractise and maybe a bit of a do on the DH track? have heard its ÂŁ20.00 for the "gondola" between 10am and 3/3.30pm (Y):) it takes approx (without falling off and killing yourself) 6minutes to get down, so runs will be thick and fast. the pro's come downt he track in 5min 20ish (and a bit less)

What day are you going up Ian? any chance you can go up thursday/friday???? ;) come on it will be pukka.

Wayne.

were camping pat, eithe on the side of the road down to the ski range/on asmall road with some beast rocks me and aran found last year, or on another little patch of grass on the side of the road closer to fot bill :P

what day you going up on?, i think we (me and ali) are setting off early sat mornin

Edited by wad

Pat there is a nice place to stay as you go out of fort wiliam and towards the venue, at the set of "T" junc lights turn left then turn right, its like down the side of a school, its a massive campsite, real nice and friendly, am going to be there from wednesday eve.

Give us a ring Pat if your struggling or when you get up there. youve got my mobile. (Y):)

Ben is living the life of luxury!!!! :P as usual :)

Wayne.

Due to the recent postal strikes entries will be accepted up to the 5th of July, but on line is more reliable.

The trophies for this event have kindly been manufactured by Hope, there are further goodies from local companies plus observers gifts from Blacks Leisure and camping. The Ski range site has excellent facilities including a cafe. Some local riders may not be aware that we run guest classes with sections for all abilities, entrants do not have to ride a particular route. The section plotters are planning to make full use of the varied terrain, it promises to be a great event.

I have been making them today. There almost done now. (I think) How many do you want? I think we have 21 now.

Matt Rushton

Was a good weekend, very mixed weather 1 minute being sweating from the sun the next cooled off by the rain.

The sections were proper trials sections, mostly in the fast flowing brooks with nice size pebbles & big boulders. :)

The last section being a arena style boulder section in the carpark.

Well done to all who took part & especially to everyone who organised & helped put on this brilliant trial.

Looking forward now to the UCI in September.

Oliver's.

Look out for some pictures in the riding thread: