Potentially Nooby Question

joe b

Hello all. I'm just wondering, as the black, straight-blade forks do not have any rake/bend in the fork legs, are they angled more from the crown, down, to accomodate for this?

Because i want to buy some of these but don't want to sacrifice any length on my, already, incredibly short bike.

Thanks in advance,

Joe.

Im don't think i6 makes that much of a difference Joe. Even if it does it's only a few mm. It's not worth worrying about.

Danny.

To be fair, though, Danny, it's a couple of mm that i need. I reckon the wheelbase of my bike was, when i last measured it, 1000mm :blink: .

Yes, short...

Cheers,

Joe.

you'l probobly find it's been designed to be 1000mm, that's what your monty was, why do you feel you need the extra length???

anyway, i'd imagine those forks to be the same as any other deng forks in terms of geometry.

you'll be getting them off tarty anyway would you not so why not just check with them before you buy?

you'l probobly find it's been designed to be 1000mm, that's what your monty was, why do you feel you need the extra length???

anyway, i'd imagine those forks to be the same as any other deng forks in terms of geometry.

you'll be getting them off tarty anyway would you not so why not just check with them before you buy?

I'm not quite as small as i used to be, mate ;) . Haha...

And, don't get me wrong, i'll ask Tarty just to check up. But, i was just wondering, that's all...

Cheers,

Joe.

QUOTE(joe b @ Jun 26 2007, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And, don't get me wrong, i'll ask Tarty just to check up. But, i was just wondering, that's all...

Cheers,

Joe.

Not trying to be awkward and not looking for an answer, but how will your wheels being even +/- 10mm effect you?? your cock pit (distance from bentre of BB shell to bars will still be the same, so the only differance would be you might have a little more/less leverage, but I really don't think you'd notice. I know I didn't when changing from onza forks (gave my bike a WB of 1020) to echo lites (which make it 1000) and keeping the same bar/stem/cranks.

Like I said, not really after an answer I just get irritated how these day's everyone seems to be thinking a few mm here and there is a huge differance.

Before I took a brake from riding, geometry wasn't something we talked about, maybe some of the older guys would consider it when buying a frame, but I know the ones I rode with just rode whatever 14" frame they could get really...

just looked on tarty, turns out the echo and GU forks are the same length, while the zoo ones are longer. However echo and gu are both curved, while the zoos are straight, so that could have something do to with it.

meh I duno....... kinda feel like all that above is wasted now lol

just looked on tarty, turns out the echo and GU forks are the same length, while the zoo ones are longer. However echo and gu are both curved, while the zoos are straight, so that could have something do to with it.

meh I duno....... kinda feel like all that above is wasted now lol

Haha, don't worry about it, pal. Thanks anyway - i'll probably end up getting them anyway... :)

You got a new msn addy btw Joe ? You aint been on it a while.

Danny.

No, Danny, it's still the one on my profile and i sure haven't blocked you :P .

I was on earlier. Maybe we just haven't been on at the same time for a while - i haven't been on as regularly as i usually am...

Cheers,

Joe.

QUOTE(joe b @ Jun 26 2007, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers,

Joe.

Jakes right, having a longer wheelbase/shorter wheelbase due to new forks won't affect how long it feels in any way shape or form. If your going to be keeping the same bars/stem/frame then the only thing it'll do is 'maybe' alter the point of balance slightly, and obviously bridge gaps will have a different size.

The only time you should consider the wheelbase with regards to your size is when changing frames, as it vaguely represents the overall length of the frame, though with bb rise and stuff nowadays it makes sod all difference to be honest as a form of definate measurement, as a higher bb will make the bb-headtube size smaller than a level bb bike and will make what would ordinarily be a longwheelbase feel much shorter.

Its the bottom bracket to bar clamp length that'll need changing if you want it longer.

But for taps, longer WB without changing the cockpit can help?

To answer the original question, most forks are largely the same geometry. If they're not bent, they're angled at the crown, yes. The differences between Zoo and Echo forks, I don't know. Like someone else said, ask Tarty...