On Front Wheel Hooking...

wunderboy

I was wondering what riding level signals an appropriate time to begin attempting front wheel hooks. What kinds of things should I be doing before trying? I am anxious to get started, but I don't want to kill myself trying something that I shouldn't be... and there are NO riders near me to question or ride with. Thanks for any help, guys!

not a case of weather there is a level to try it more a case of wen you feel convident to try it!

im not the most experience rider ever but i feel its better to try sumthing wen u feel its about time you learnt it rather than people giving you advice as to when you try it

get out there and do it !

The key is to study and understand the move.

Really study a video of a good hook and undertsnad the points throughout it. Pick it to bits.

You need to understand how to hook the bike, the bikes position, your position on the way up, in the hook, and whilst transitioning from the hook up. Recognise subtle things like pressure through the bike and when it occurs, to carry momentum through the move.

When i learn anything i disect it and perfect one thing at a time, accepting failure for a while, until i tick each box and it comes together.

Try it out.

Bongo