Wrist Support

Synergy

hey well i hurt my wrist, the for william comp is on at weekend and i can barely lift my bike, went to a nd e and i have bruised ligaments or muscle in my wrist. i was wondering is there any sufficient wrist suport that would help me be able to ride at the comp?

a wrist strap maybe your best best, but your in danger of totally fecking up your wrists after, i pulled a mucsle in mine before the DJ ride in pompey, wore a wrist strap and it still hurts now, i would let it rest mate.

same as above i would say rest it, it will heal quicker.

however if you are going ride whatever try using a boxing wrap on it. I used one on mine a few times after it had healed up when it still felt a little weak. worked a treat.

scotty

Didn't A + E give you a wrist support? They did when I did mine, it helped a lot but still very painful to ride on. If they didn't give you one, wrap you hand in a load on bandage, then make two metal strips bent to fit your hand snugly and strap them on with more, I did this and it offered more support than the NHS one I got given.

Soaking it in warm water helps I have found.

Get high on painkillers before the comp, you'll pay for it later but it will get you through.

If you cant lift your bike then i would seriously advice you dont do the comp, you will only make things worse. If when you get on the bike and put pressure on it hurts then DONT do the comp you will proberly regret it. If you try to carry on riding with a wrist suport and you are somehow able to all that will happen is for your wrist to relie on it and become weak and take longer to get back to strenght.

i have to use the top of my wrist to lift things as i cant use my hand :(

I wouldnt try and do the comp then id just rest it for a month by sounds of it may be longer. Sprains ect can sometimes take longer to heal than a break. I wouldnt get back on bike till your comfortable with lifting things and able to put pressure on. I could lift a computer monitor before when my rist was recovering from a bad break and even being able to do that i still wasnt able to ride.

but i wanna ride my bike to be honest and im kinda fed up of just staying in and wanking lol. is ther enothing AT ALL that would suport my wrist?

I had some success with athletic wrist supports (i've got lonsdale ones) but they're only really any good quite late in the healing process.

on a related note, does anyone know of an ankle support that's stiffer than the 661 race brace? they're not supporting the front of my ankle well enough