Deng Freehubs Vs Profile

scott_ftw

Deng freehubs are wank I broke 1 in 2 days and another in 4, they glued the teeth in instead of threading or machining.

Profiles are very good (Y)

the exact same happened to me but it took me two weeks and i broke all the pawls in it :lol: profiles are mint.

With most trials components, you tend to hear mixed opinoins on them.

The deng freehubs are an exception, I have only ever heard bad things about them, like them exploding in two days of riding.

Even kings have had bad things said about them, Ali C doesn't use them because he found they broke quite often and wern't worth the money in his opinion.

Yeh i have heard mixed oppinoins about profile hubs. I use to own a profile hub and i have to say it was totally shit and i don't think it was properly manufactured as it constantly broke pawls and the axel snapped (was the stock version). Quite a few riders rate the 20" profiles but i have heard a few cracking on the hub shell, pawls snapping and bearings going after about a year but most of them seem to take a load of hammer and still work well. In all honesty my king has been the bet hub i have had. It has taken quite a bit of abuse and hardley ever skips (touch wood) plus had no problems with bearings or the axel snapping. The fun bolts i have to say on the heavy dutey axel are poo and cost way too much. If you can stretch to a king go for that all you have to do is bed it in abit and then clean it out with gt 85 and has done wounders and makes it sound better. If not then profile definately. deng hubs are not very good.

In my opinion I would say get a profile (probably because I have one). Yet I have never rode a bike with a deng freehub on but by the sounds of the other replies they dont seem to immersive.

(Y)get a Profile(Y)

Edited by mod_man

wheeler was running a freewheel at pompy dj ride.............

ive heard bad things about dengura hubs.........i run profile it skiped for the first time a few weeks ago i think .......thats the only time in one and a half years..........im going to try out a king and hope the skipping issue is as good as my profile

i would say profile all the way ...unless you can afford a chris king rear hub

Sam Wheeler has being running a Deng free hub for a fair while now. He's never had any problems with him.

I have heard bad things but Ben Travis swears by them, so does Sam Wheeler.

Also. I wouldn't recommend a profile either. Alot of them have also died.

Danny x

my shell cracked on my profile shell but i gave it some hammer....but i just got another shell but when i thirst got it (yesterday) it skipped loads but today it hasnt skipped ones

profile ***

my profile was great, worked for ages. When it eventually broke, profile europe were happy to fix it free of charge!

surely if travis and wheeler use them, both being excellent riders they must be ok?

the people that have all broken thiers?! did you ride around for ages to bed it in properly? if you didnt and just started power gspping them straight away...

then it'll deffo skip, you didnt give it a chance!

crum...

ive had my profile for 3 years now its been on 4 bikes with 6 differnt rims and the only problem i ever had was the locking was loose once and that was it i dont think i will ever get rid of that hub it means so much to me , ive had every freewheel goin and there all terrible compaired to a profile . Im not sure about the echo/zoo range of hubs from pictures i expected them to be realy well made and light but the stories you hear about them are shocking especialy when they were first released like riders refusing to use them and them exploding in 2 hours but i beleive if they were properly made and the internal teeth were cnc'd the hub would be of a good quality .

depends how much hammer you give them, i bought a GU hub last year and i looked after it... yeh i had to spend about £15 on replacement bearings but its still working rite up to now lol

profiles are amazing (Y)

phill

Edited by Phill_Monks

wondering which one is best so thought i would post a Vs page so you can give your opinion on either

thanks scott x

i would choose the profile myself but one of my mates brought one and it kept on slipping but it might of just been a faulty hub :closedeyes: