Mac People!

crazy_gap girl

Hello!.

Got my self one of them DVI cables the other day to go from my macbook to my 19" screen and i need the resolution higher, It's set to the highest resolution on both my mac and screen settings. Is there any type of driver i can download to expand the res a bit??

Cheers,

Nadine..

Hello!.

Got my self one of them DVI cables the other day to go from my macbook to my 19" screen and i need the resolution higher, It's set to the highest resolution on both my mac and screen settings. Is there any type of driver i can download to expand the res a bit??

Cheers,

Nadine..

You cant make the resolution higher. you will need a new graphics card to do this. Thats not going to happen in a MacBook.

Edited by charlie >est<

Usually res is restricted by the GFX card or the Monitor. What resolution have you got running at the moment and what are you aiming for?

On the mac im running 1280x800 which is the highest it will go. And highest my monitor will go is 1440X900. So i really want the mac to be 1440X900

So i basicly just set them both to the highest, its still rather big n nasty though

just guessing but...

can't you turn off the macbook screen and use only the 19" - on a sensible computer (PC) that would allow you to choose whatever resolution was supported by the 19"

Im not sure if you can do that on the macbook..... i thought i could close it and use my monitor but the mac goes on standby.

Gah i hate resolution, i really do! LOL

you can't get the macbook screen higher than 1280x800.. you can always turn the brightness to zero on the mb screen, and i have heard you can wake the mb up from sleep with the remote for example. not tried it on my own but always worth a go.