Need Help With Rear Brake

right i just brought an onza zoot but needs an rear brake but i don't know that much about trials so i don't have any ideas about brakes.

im about 12 stone so what would be better for me to run cable or hydraulic rear brake and what pads should i run, for the strongest brake and what sort of things will i be needing for a rear brake and how much will it be costing me for a good hole rear brake

cheers.

chris

Edited by crazyman with a death wish

i think that you should go for a magura HS33 (linky) and then you should put the Onza citrus pads on (linky) personally i think its the best combo for use on the back, and you should also run a light grind on your back rim for best results, at the moment im just getting the money for onza citrus because my friend has this set up, and it is perfect! it barely ever slips, and hes like 6' 4" and weighs alot! its just perfect, and hopefully soon ill have it aswell, good luck

jan

right i just brought an onza zoot but needs an rear brake but i don't know that much about trials so i don't have any ideas about brakes.

im about 12 stone so what would be better for me to run cable or hydraulic rear brake and what pads should i run, for the strongest brake and what sort of things will i be needing for a rear brake and how much will it be costing me for a good hole rear brake

cheers.

chris

hi there get a magura hs33 brake most trials riders use them and they are cheep

jordan

I would try a V brake! a friend of mine has one on the back of his coust, hes running it with plazmatic pads and a grind... It works amazing when he sets it up right! i am running a magura at the moment, i dout you could go wrong with either, if you get a V brake, make sure its an avid or somthing good though :P

Matt

i think that you should go for a magura HS33 (linky) and then you should put the Onza citrus pads on (linky) personally i think its the best combo for use on the back, and you should also run a light grind on your back rim for best results, at the moment im just getting the money for onza citrus because my friend has this set up, and it is perfect! it barely ever slips, and hes like 6' 4" and weighs alot! its just perfect, and hopefully soon ill have it aswell, good luck

jan

How much noise does the citrus pad make?

jan

How much noise does the citrus pad make?

Citrus pads are crap, get a grind going and get some plazmatic CRVs (with a magura hs33)