What Shall I Do About This?

thornabytrials.co.uk

following on from this thread http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....howtopic=101498

ive just got the wheel from the address it was delivered to, its got no sprocket which it says its comes with, the tyre is muddy, the rim you can clearly see where a brakes been used, the rim its self is covered is silver overspray, and the hub ends you can clearly see wher its been used.

so ive paid for a new wheel, thats clearly 2nd hand, ment to come with a rear sprocket, it hasnt, it got sent to the wrong address and it was 2 days late..

what am i ment to do now?

any ideas?

Hmm. It sounds abit ermm didgy does this one. Because it wasn't sent directly to your address. I.e meaning that the other person could of used it etc. You have got to prove that it was like this when you opened the box. God knows how i don't think you can.

Other option is the phone them and tell them exactly what has happened and what you have recieved. Demand to know and demand to know what is going to be done. Don't let them get away with saying oh send it back and we'l send you another. Ask for something free for your troubles or else im complaining about the conmpany.

People shouldn't be allowed to get away with things like this. Especially a company.

Let us know what's been said between you and the company.

Danny.

by the time i found out where the wheel hadended up etc supercycles were shut so i cant contact them until tomorow now!i seriously cant get my head round the fact that theve took 3 days to get a wheel to me ( totally messed up the order, missed parts out, sent it to the complete wrong address etc)where as the likes of tartybikes managed to send me a shed load of parts, not problem at all and all here next day, somethings wrong somewherebut this wheel is definatly 100% been used! and i still cant ride my new bike :( it certinaly makes me feel like its a waste of time all this messing around and carrying about tryin to get out on the damn bike!

Did you get a bill and did you pay VAT on that wheel?I'd call them up, see what they have to say about this matter and stick to Tartybikes in the future. Personally, I'll never use Supercycles after reading this it seems like a dodgy shop.
i wanted to stick with tarty but unfortunatly the hub i wanted was out of stock :( i paid VAT postage etc on the wheel...this is what i ordered http://www.supercycles.co.uk/site_details.asp?ProductID=241

You have 7 days to return any product bought online I believe, you don't even need a reason. This is standard legislation as far as I am aware. Exceptions can be custom modified parts, but it looks like what you bought was 'off the shelf'.

I'm sure Supercycles will try and make up for the error here, give them a shout first thing tomorrow.

Ads

ok heres some pictures ive taken. little bit hard to get pics of it but you can pretty much see what im talking aboutthis pic the rim looks dusty yeh? wrong thats silver spray paint! also if u look at the rim u can see a black line or rubber from brakes..DSCF3261copy-vi.jpgheres the nice new tyre.. the squares in the centre are worn outside of the tyre seems ok (not to fussed about tyre i have a different one but its not the point, its ment to be brand new, its muddy and worn... i paid for it!DSCF3262copy-vi.jpgtried to take a pic of the rim, you can kinnda see the brake lineDSCF3268copy-vi.jpgmore silver spray paintDSCF3266copy-vi.jpgand the hub where you can see its been in a frame, its a tab mashed! - pics blurred abit thou :(DSCF3267copy-vi.jpgthis rim came out of a sealed box, and has been no where else apart from my conservatory...now i dont have time to be messing around sending stuff back etc.should i demand some money back, keep the rim and buy the sprocket from tarty?obv i dont wanna pay full wack for a 2nd hand wheel... so i want some cash back if i was to keep it..

Braking surface looks absolutly fine. Mine was like that when i got mine from there. Nothing wrong with that.

The dust is just where it's been on the shelf.

As for the tyre. It doesnt exactly look used. Just looks like its got a little dirt on.

The wheel bolt thing's. Look pritty much fine to me dude.

As for the it having no sprocket. Indeed it does state that it comes with one. i recived one with mine. Just state that they havnt given you a sprocket. These mistakes happen.

Tarty once give my mate. one 170mm isis crank and one 160mm square taper. Tarty were cool as far as im aware. He just sent them back and they returned his goods without any trouble.

Danny.

Braking surface looks absolutly fine. Mine was like that when i got mine from there. Nothing wrong with that.

The dust is just where it's been on the shelf.

As for the tyre. It doesnt exactly look used. Just looks like its got a little dirt on.

The wheel bolt thing's. Look pritty much fine to me dude.

As for the it having no sprocket. Indeed it does state that it comes with one. i recived one with mine. Just state that they havnt given you a sprocket. These mistakes happen.

Tarty once give my mate. one 170mm isis crank and one 160mm square taper. Tarty were cool as far as im aware. He just sent them back and they returned his goods without any trouble.

Danny.

mate thats not dust, its silver spray paint..

Aren't thoughs black lines from when building the wheel?

to make sure is true? or am i chatting bollox lol!

not sure, im not bothered about the rim, not bothered about the tyre, the fact that its got no sprocket and its covered in silver spray paint is whats pissing me off and the fact that they messed the order up countless times.

its 1 wheel, surely thats not hard to get rite :unsure:

Mate. I can't get into my head why on earth there should eb silver spray on it. It can't be silver spray. It just doesn't seem right. To be fair i have never ever had any problems with Supercycles.

Danny.

you tell me, but its 100% silver spray paint, its loads of overspray. the wheels covered in it.

Doesn't look bad, but definitely doesn't look new to me.

You don't get braking lines from building and truing a rim.

edit: are the sidewalls usually anodized on these rims? If so, the anodizing might have been removed with sand paper. As the layer is usually not uniform, you'll get darker lines like on your rim.

Edited by Inur

To be fair. Your getting ripped off with that wheel. My lbs sells the exact same wheel for £35 and they get them through supercycles.

Danny.

EDIT: Forgot say that wheel will last you forever. Mine lasted 2 years of solid harsh riding. So treat it mean.

Edited by Danny Kearns

It does seem a bit dodgy the wheel, they probably had that wheel in a new bike and it was used and sent back and looked new to a member of staff who put it in with the new ones, maybe he was busy or in a rush, and sounds like somebody was in a rush to send it out, all sounds a bit unlucky mate, but I'd be sure supercycles would sort it out.

Phil.

Did you get a bill and did you pay VAT on that wheel?

I'd call them up, see what they have to say about this matter and stick to Tartybikes in the future. Personally, I'll never use Supercycles after reading this it seems like a dodgy shop.

yeah i'm not a big fan of super cycles! can't build wheels

hmm supercycles might have stripped down some old bikes ( new but in the shop etc) and sold them on ebay, they often have frames etc forsale on there. what i think happened is that this was once part of a complete bike but was last years spec so was stripped and sold as parts. explains the ''damage''hmm supercycles might have stripped down some old bikes ( new but in the shop etc) and sold them on ebay, they often have frames etc forsale on there. what i think happened is that this was once part of a complete bike but was last years spec so was stripped and sold as parts. explains the ''damage''hmm supercycles might have stripped down some old bikes ( new but in the shop etc) and sold them on ebay, they often have frames etc forsale on there. what i think happened is that this was once part of a complete bike but was last years spec so was stripped and sold as parts. explains the ''damage''hmm supercycles might have stripped down some old bikes ( new but in the shop etc) and sold them on ebay, they often have frames etc forsale on there. what i think happened is that this was once part of a complete bike but was last years spec so was stripped and sold as parts. explains the ''damage''

It doesn't look very good at all. Those wheels will all be machine built, no? Anyway, you wouldn't get those marks on the rim, even if you did use a wheel building stand. Like someone said, it's probably an ex-demo wheel or something. Perhaps someone was spraying something nearby and got paint on it? I've got specks of white paint on my glasses for this reason, haha.

I'd probably just keep the wheel (I don't think I could wait another week or so to ride) and steer clear of the shop in the future. But have a word, see what they can offer. They probably will (should) be very apologetic.

It doesn't look very good at all. Those wheels will all be machine built, no? Anyway, you wouldn't get those marks on the rim, even if you did use a wheel building stand. Like someone said, it's probably an ex-demo wheel or something. Perhaps someone was spraying something nearby and got paint on it? I've got specks of white paint on my glasses for this reason, haha.

I'd probably just keep the wheel (I don't think I could wait another week or so to ride) and steer clear of the shop in the future. But have a word, see what they can offer. They probably will (should) be very apologetic.

thats what ive done, kept the week, ordered a sprocket from tarty. and rang supercycles again this morning

they appologised and are sending me a maxxis creepy crawler rear tyre, some brake pads and a sprocket to keep as a spare.

but no matter what happenes i will be riding the weekend lol.

tartybikes kindly upgraded the postage service to guaranteed next day for the same price as standard delivery which is very good of them :D