Council Trials Park

has anyone any ideas on how i could show the council that a trials park would be good in our town near leeds ??

ive already made the council aware and they sed i could go along with making it but they need ideas and they need to know more about the sport and how popular it is

help appriciated :)

chris

Firstly, i suggest getting a petition going, that way you can show the council that there is huge interest in the idea, and that it would be worthwhile them building the park.

Secondly, you need to show them that what we do is a world wide sport with its huge competition side and show them what it offers people. I.e: a hobby than kids/adults can get into, meet new people and generally create a good community within the sport.

Thirdly, you'll need to find a good location that is out of the public eye so it doesn't give the council a bad image and is safe for the users to use.

Fourthly, you'll need to come up with some ideas for funding, like getting local companies to sponsor the park, by supplying pallets and other obstacle that can be used, in return company banners could be put up. Maybe do demo's for the council to promote a park being built and therefore creating bigger interest for the local community.

Good luck!

We've tried it down here, aint got very far, but there's no harm in trying. Sooner or later the countries council's will realise they got to do something and will give in.

send / show them a video and ask for ledges and pallets to build with

thats all good, just make sure none of the videos show any footage of materials being damaged, i.e: walls and benches. Council wont be impressed if they see a video with there property being damaged.

They can't use it to do you for damage, but they still aint gonna wanna help you out. So just be careful with what you say and show them.

Hey mate, we had this problem in our village, about a year ago our council were supposed to build us 1! they knew what the sport was about however they wouldnt let it go ahead as using pallets, railway sleepers and the huge cotton reels were "unsafe" to have in our park, So it never happened :(

You should make a video of everyone in general in your area, and then say this is how good we are and to stop us from riding on walls etc... as you have just seen yyou have just seen and annoying landowners, you should build us a park which would also satisfy local bmx's and skaters.

What i did mate was put together a power point presentation and make a appointment with the council.

Stress the good points.good for your health

.getting kids of the streets

.embracing on an up in coming sport.

.publicity for your area

but what really hit a note with my local councilor was the vandalism!!! i showed him the damage trials riders can do to walls and flower beds!

Then showed him a percentage of riders in the UK from my area ,then i put this against the increase of vandalism

Then told him that by making a park would lower the vandalism percentage by x amount,

in proses of getting plans made up for a indoor trials park.

cheers guys Jamie

What i did mate was put together a power point presentation and make a appointment with the council.

Stress the good points.good for your health

.getting kids of the streets

.embracing on an up in coming sport.

.publicity for your area

but what really hit a note with my local councilor was the vandalism!!! i showed him the damage trials riders can do to walls and flower beds!

Then showed him a percentage of riders in the UK from my area ,then i put this against the increase of vandalism

Then told him that by making a park would lower the vandalism percentage by x amount,

in proses of getting plans made up for a indoor trials park.

cheers guys Jamie

Good Post (Y).. validation?

i have been campaigning for a trials/stake park for some time now. i featured on the front page of our local newspaper, had many meetings with the councilor's, and got many members of the council on our side.

3 weeks ago we did a 3 hour session in the town center, and got 1100 signatures, ranging from people like 8 yrs old to 65 years old. I would suggest that you become an organization as we are called 'louth extreme sports society' and have a website hosted by google, and have an email address so if the public have any queries, they know who to ask.

add me on msn, drewsus_93@hotmail.com and i will help you to get a trials park, =]

Drew x

basically, what you need to do is reck your area, get people to phone the police and council and then turn around and say well.." if we had a park, then we wouldnt be wreking the place, leaving tar every were" etc.. lol

Tay.. x

Fool

we tried it down here, the tosser's didn't even turn up to see what it was all about