Long Travel Forks

MadManMike

What are the best long travel sus forks, on a tight budget?

I have a Trailstar with 24" Combats - running Rock Shox at present but looking for some bigger forks to get that kinda chopper look - know what I mean?

Anyway, minimal money to spend so would like a bargain.... Any online shops knocking out old models for chips?

Cheers folks :)

I'd go for some 02-03 Junior T's if your not bothered about triple clamp instead of single, but if you are, maybe some old Z150's off eBay.

Mate has super Monsters on his Bighit.

That's just daft! There's no way a real person could ride fast on something like that. You'd just fall over in the first corner.

Where did he get the rear shock?

You want to watch out putting Twin crown forks on a trailstar. The frame was designed around a 100-130mm fork. A twin crown fork around the 200mm mark would more than likely rip the headtube off. The headtube area isnt designed in a way to support than kind of stress and force.

i'll second that, frame wern't designed with huge travel in mind, ebay is best bet i would say, either that or look through chain reaction cycles at the pages of lesser known marzzochi models they have, good spec with decent prices just not as publicised as some others