Confidence Booster.....

mini-W

If anyones struggling with their confidence levels the best thing to do is were a lid and do some drop-off's. It helps so much. I no some people think wearing a lid makes them feel gay but it will increase your riding because it takes some fear away.

If anyones got any more ideas for boosting confidence please add them here am sure new riders will want to know.

cheers

If anyones struggling with their confidence levels the best thing to do is were a lid and do some drop-off's. It helps so much. I no some people think wearing a lid makes them feel gay but it will increase your riding because it takes some fear away.

If anyones got any more ideas for boosting confidence please add them here am sure new riders will want to know.

cheers

Confidence isn't as easy as 1 2 3 you either get better at the things your not so good at and makes you feel you can do something you was normally scared of, or you just have no fear and just go for anything, yeah a helmet does give people some confidence but not as much as when it comes naturally!

Woody

i wear a lid all the time, and i hate doing drop offs :P but yea could be a great boost for those people learning, ever since i majorly f**ked up my 3rd drop off I really cant do them confortably anymore

Is this the one with the skip involved lol?

Adam :)

Well, my confidence booster isn't really for confidence, it just makes me try stuff I'm too lazy I'm pretty sure I won't land it.

I try something really sketchy with minimal risk for injuries but that I'm pretty sure that I'll bail. Then I'll just bail, get up and say f**k, it can't be that bad and then I start riding for real and give a try to anything I can think of. But that only happens when I don't ride for a couple of days, normally, I don't really have a problem with confidence, I actually feel reassured that I'm not confident on certain stuff.

my lid gave me a big confidence boost! but i still dont feel confident doing big drops, as i know my monty frame is like toffie :P but i do think the best way to boost your confidence is to just try bigger things and learn from your mistakes.

1.Go for lines and moves first time without thinking too hard about it.

2. Even if your scared try it once because after that initial worry you'll realise you won't actually get hurt and can try it all day.

3.Trust your bike that it won't fall to pieces and that your chain definetly will not snap.

4.Ensure your brake is solid as a rock (nothing worse than a very soar ass)

5. Try new things, if you don't succeed you won't have expected to, if you do you'll be chuffed you have learnt something and will be ready to take on the world.

and I'm preety sure only complete idiots think its gay to wear a helmet. For most of us its just logic.

Phil