Driving Test

Caleb

just to back up, googled it and my car seems fine.

has anyone done it in their car? any problems or tips to give better impressions? clean her up a bit etc?

was just wondering about clutch control etc as they will find it harder to see and lack of dual controls.

just doing it in my own car will be much cheaper and easier for me as im insured taxed and mot'ed it etc

Do it.

Because of the lack of dual controls, they often play it a bit safer; telling you things earlier etc as they don't feel quite so safe :P

Clean it up a little, give as good an impression as you can, and it's the way to go.

Down here at least, the pass rate for drivers in their own cars as a fair chunk higher than those in dual-control/instructors :) vehicles

I did it in my old Polo, passed in that with 2 minors. :) I'd got the Scirocco a week before, and was tempted to do it in that, but I don't think they'd take too kindly to a learner in a low slung 80s sports car! :P

Wouldn't have thought they'd be negative about it, probably a better thing, especially if it's not some chavvy rubbish, and chances are you'll be more comfortable in your own car due to more practice in it.

Good luck. (Y)

cheers lads big confidence boost that, last time i did a test was year ago but ive pretty much planned how i'll do it.

not too confident on parallel parks so purposely gonna be generous with curb space and sacrifice a minor if it comes up as i'll have 14 to play with.

worked out if i got more lessons and did a test that way would be minimum £220 realistically and i could fail then give up, opr this way £50 quid a pop and should with some luck pass this time :)