Macbook Pro

future orange 660

Well everywhere charges the same. It's not like buying a pc where when you shop around you can find a better deal, because Apple computers are made only by Apple, they can choose the prices to charge, and then everyone charges that prices, so PC world is the same, all the UK Mac resellers are the same, Apple stores are the same, etc. so there's nowhere you can get a brand new mac for cheaper than RRP.

Your best bet is to use the educational store, or look on ebay for ex-demo models, there was a 3 month old ex-demo 17" MBP for £1299 the other day, which is very cheap.

Me and Rob P got ours from the Apple store but over the phone. Ended up getting quite a bit of educational discount on it, came to like £1150 for the 15.4" 2.2ghz, 2gb Ram MBP.

Just phone them up, I upgraded my hard-drive from 80 to 150gb too.

I think that Apple just tell shops the RRP then monitor their prices, if they are selling under the RRP then they threaten to 'review' their reselling contract which is essentially against trading standards but in real life it happens.

What MBP you looking at? What budget and what for?

Nick.

cheers for the help

i am after 2gb ram and 2.4 ghz or there abouts.

as for educational discount.. can u get that with a uni place offered or do u need to be there?

I think most places just work on something with your uni's letter on dated recently saying your there. Thats what the banks use for student accounts, if you have a valid NUS/connexions card i reckon they'd take that too.

I've bought 3 Macs from the edu store and have never been asked to show documentation for proof of enrollment, so I think it's based on trust really!

Same, they just asked how I'm a student and I said I'm going to Sheffied Hallam Uni next year, they said 'okay, well done on getting in' and thats it.