Bunny Hopping

jack_h

hey all,

after reading the step by step guide on the trashzen website i have been attempting to bunnyhop.

After gaining some speed i lean back to get the front off the ground though it does not come high enough for me to perform a decent sized hop.

Does anyone have any tips on how i can get the front higher without pedaling?

thanks

JACK H

As you lean back yank hard on the bars bringing them in towards your chest while leaning back(still keeping your arms extended), so that your weight stays over the back wheel allowing you to explode up from the crouch to bring the back wheel off the floor.

Edited by Orgun_Donor

I make a very conscious effort to move my body weight forwards on the bike whilst on two wheels, then swing the bars forwards sweeping in a big arc up to infront of my face.

Mind you i am bunnyhopping a t-rex with a 130mm stem so anything under that and you probably won't need the "big-arch" technique (Y)

am i missing something?

Hes thinking of static. I presume the poster means rolling

Find someone with a bmx and bunnyhop that. Its easier to learn on. Once you get the technique, go back to trials and remember the front end DOES take a while to come up so you have to put alot of effort into it :P

Hes thinking of static. I presume the poster means rolling

Find someone with a bmx and bunnyhop that. Its easier to learn on. Once you get the technique, go back to trials and remember the front end DOES take a while to come up so you have to put alot of effort into it :P

ahh i understand now ;)

hey all,

after reading the step by step guide on the trashzen website i have been attempting to bunnyhop.

After gaining some speed i lean back to get the front off the ground though it does not come high enough for me to perform a decent sized hop.

Does anyone have any tips on how i can get the front higher without pedaling?

thanks

JACK H

Well just lean back more and bend your knees's.

Tis generally easier to bunnyhop on a short bike, just to get the technique, then that can be moved onto a longer bike.

As already said, short/high stem and riser bars in a slight sweep back towards you.

I think about bunnyhopping in two motions, first of all is picking up the front wheel in almost a manual, the second is to end the manual and launch the bike into the air.

yeah mate, how i do it is just move my body weight forward and lift the bars as i put my body weight to the back off the bike once i have both wheels off the floor i sucky my legs up and lift my arms up to get a decent size hop i can bunny hop up for pallets (moast of the time lol)

adamc204 :D

I can't remember how I learnt them cos it's getting on for 20 years ago but this is how I explain it to people now..

Roll along, compress your legs, pull really hard on the bars and chuck your weight back - repeat that until you've figured out how to smash your tailbone into the ground every single time.

Once you've got that sorted you hurl your weight up and forwards when the front wheel is just about too high for you to recover from and tuck your legs like buggery.

To get extra height just push the bike forward underneath you (it'll level out) and tuck more.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...