Cable Internet!

Walleee

Im mobing to dundee on friday and need to sort out internet in the apartment.

We have cable so I want to use that if possible to dodge the BT scumbag's taking a tenner line rental every month.

Who is best to go for with cable? I can only really find virgin media :(

If I go with virgin media will I need an additional wireless router aswell as the modem included? I just want somewhere I can phone up, tell them my details, and have a nice wireless router arrive a few days later, followed by the green light flashing when I plug it in.... looking for no less than 4mb, and not wanting to spend too much more than £20 a month.

Have a quick look on http://www.virginmedia.com if you have the time please and let me know. I won't be able to find out any info after friday morning :(

In my student gaff in Newport, we bought NTL (now Virgin) internet, the dudes turned up, fitted it, we plugged the modem into our router which we bought, watched the green light flash, and all went online. We never even exchanged words with BT about line rental, so I would have said that was your best bet.

In my student gaff in Newport, we bought NTL (now Virgin) internet, the dudes turned up, fitted it, we plugged the modem into our router which we bought, watched the green light flash, and all went online. We never even exchanged words with BT about line rental, so I would have said that was your best bet.

brilliant man, do virgin sort you out with wireless from the word go or have you to buy the router yourself??

Nah we had to buy the router ourselves. We're on the 8Mb package, £5 a month each, and it's pretty good. We had one problem with them, we rang them over and over and they just ignored what we had to say until we got shitty, then they sent an engineer out and fixed it, but the only reason it broke was because our cable box was on show out front and someone played around with it.