My "demo" This Sunday

steve@banbury-trials

We did a display at a local gala back in June and learnt a couple of things. (Y)

1. You must make sure that you get a few time slots when you know you are going to be performing other wise it looks like a badly organised mess around and none of the riders gets anything out of it. If they have given you a time slot to perform that is great, if not make sure you tell them when you are going to be on and get it announced. This is a must.

2. Get a PA system, even a Karaoke machine, and get some info written down for each rider, age, bike type, how long been riding, any awards / championships they have won or competed in and let each rider do a stint and have someone give a bit of info out on the PA system to the crowd about them.

3. Have an order in which each rider will go so you have a smooth flowing commentary and know who is coming next.

4. Don't worry about the layout of your pallets etc, just make sure they are nailed down well and are secure. We put the set shown in the pictures together in about 3 hours, that was 3 adults, 4 kids and 2 children and a good battery drill.

5. Show off as much as you can!! :P(Y)

post-9097-1188935481_thumb.jpg

post-9097-1188935550_thumb.jpg

Have it set up so your doing moves that impress the public but you know you can do becuase you dont want to be doing stuff where you have to keep trying it loads of times to do it. Try having it so you are linking moves together aswell

the popel loved me not making it when we did a demo down here.

Btw front wheel shit and drop imress people allot.

haha.

good luck (Y)

I don't reckon we'll have anything large to drop off, with the amount of pallets we have if we use all of them it'd be around 6-7 foot high, but then that'd be the only thing there.

We built some gator teeth typre things out of pallets so we have them, think i'm going over on thursday to help build the pallets into things.

I'll try and find a microphone too to plug into the laptop/speaker system.

Get creative with the pallets, and bring some hammers and lots of nails - it's a million times better when the pallets are nailed down.

See if you can get some other obstacles to ride on, a big metal pipe, skips, car? etc etc. (Y)

Try and build a plateau, and stuff you can work your way up to.

I'll get some pics of the demo I did on Sunday (in Kranjska Gora - Slovenia).

Get creative with the pallets, and bring some hammers and lots of nails - it's a million times better when the pallets are nailed down.

See if you can get some other obstacles to ride on, a big metal pipe, skips, car? etc etc. (Y)

Try and build a plateau, and stuff you can work your way up to.

I'll get some pics of the demo I did on Sunday (in Kranjska Gora - Slovenia).

Ratchet straps are great. We did a demo on Saturday - pics up tonight hopefully - and unfortunately we only had one ratchet strap but it was ideal as it allows the lay out to be changed quickly and easily.

Phone up a skip company as most of the ones I tried were willing to lend a skip or two - unfortunately I didn't give them enough notice, maybe next time.

As for the demo times and stuff, we didn't really bother but we still had plenty of people coming past to watch.

Ratchet straps are great. We did a demo on Saturday - pics up tonight hopefully - and unfortunately we only had one ratchet strap but it was ideal as it allows the lay out to be changed quickly and easily.

Phone up a skip company as most of the ones I tried were willing to lend a skip or two - unfortunately I didn't give them enough notice, maybe next time.

As for the demo times and stuff, we didn't really bother but we still had plenty of people coming past to watch.

We used ratchet straps to tie a stack of pallets together and they are quick and easy to use and very effective. We also used the camper van in the picture to ride off, it looked very impressive.

I like the idea about the skip (Y) Top Tip and will try it next time we do one. :)