Pedals

Ste Wilson

I take it you want some cagies then?! My advice is if you use your pedal on obstacles etc don't get the 6061s, they bend. The Monty's are expensive in comparison but use 7071 grade aluminium and wont bend (in most cases). I believe the pedal bodies and bearings of the two are the same. Removing the inner cage (and using washers to take up the space) may work better for you too as it allows for more pressure to be applied to the remaining cage.

Or if you want platform pedals I would go for the DMR V8s as they are cheap and last for a good while they're around 20quid

or you could get the wellgo v8 copies which are near enough the same but different pins and I think bearings and they go for about 11 quid off chain reaction.

Edited by nile71091

Or if you want platform pedals I would go for the DMR V8s as they are cheap and last for a good while they're around 20quid

or you could get the wellgo v8 copies which are near enough the same but different pins and I think bearings and they go for about 11 quid off chain reaction.

Seriously unless your building a bike JUST for comp dont get cages! i used to think cages were great when i started riding, but if you dont ride in propper thick sloed shoes or shin guards, you end up with sore feet, worn out shoes and seriously messed up shins if your just starting out! Cage pedals last me an average of about 3 rides lol, especially if you like going to bash or crank, or drop your bike... mostly you have to remember to tighten up the cages like every other ride... which sucks!!!

I'd go with Nile on this one! V8's lasted me 6 months although a broke all the pins off them in the 1st ride! The welgo copys are slightly heavier but also a bloody bargin for 11quid with no P&P..... if you do have the 40 odd quid... get Revels or Slimjims..... ive got some pedals... there well good.. no clue what they are though!! hahaha

onza hogs - big platform, screw in pins, 200g each, £45 mine still going fine after 1 and a half years

cage pedals are wank, they break dead easy and hurt your shins

+1 they are real good and strong for the size of them.

Then again i ride with cheap wellgo's and they do the job lighter then most expensive ones and i picked my up for about 12 quid i think