Dob Frames 26"

LauraPalmer

Hello!

I´ve seen these magnesium(magnalium) frames and i soon will buy a new 26" frame - i want to go high end and very light, so i considered a Triton at first, but may be i should try one of these...

few questions:

- who rides one and can give me a review about stiffness, how easy it get dents etc.

- where to buy them

- is custom geometry possible? is it possible to get with 135mm spacing and the magura-mounts on the usual side

- how much way the rims(26") and how good or bad do they keep a grind

- are the frames really that light(1300g 26") - i mean this would be more than a revolution, if they are and if the frames can take a beating

yours gerhard

If you've been considering a Triton and can afford one, get one. Can't tell you how they ride yet, Dimitri will be dropping by with my frame in a few days, however I've done a lot of research before ordering and basically people say it's like riding a huge spring. Secondly you can order custom geometry so you get a frame tailored to your needs. The frames aren't super light, but I'd definitely be more confident on a titanium frame than one made of magnalium which hasn't been tested by street riders. Besides, 26" DOB's have appalling geometry!

ok very flexy - may be i should go with the triton. @simpson: how about the rims - did he tell you antything about their ability to hold a grind? do they flex too?

@inur: please give a review when you´ve ridden your baby in ;)

From what I've read, they don't hold a grind too well and dent much more easily than standard rims. On the other hand, the strength of the wheel is close to the standard ones, probably due to the profile and how high the sidewalls are.

As for the Triton, i'll drop you a pm once i've given it a good ride B)

Thanks a lot - give her some slaps from me too! i should have started posting here earlier - people seem to be 100 times friendlier than on observed or the german forum - british gentlemen... i think i´ll give the rims a try... and the frame will be a triton - it´s lighter than my actual kenny frame - which is great already - i just didn´t want to go with a 2kg tank...