Gapping To Front Wheel

Ste Wilson

Your rear tire must be at the corner so it will throw you forward and also you have to lean back before gapping, watch some videos then you can see what i mean :)

Good luck!

If your gapping to front wheel, whats it gotta do with the back wheel? and wouldnt you have to switch from leaning back to leaning forward to get to front wheel?

Vee

If u want your front brake to work on a front wheel gap u can do 2 things ,number 1 land smack on the corner ,number 2 get your head as far as possible over the front bars or do both it works for me.

Knowing my luck ill land smack on my teeth and be all gummy :lol:

Vee

If your gapping to front wheel, whats it gotta do with the back wheel? and wouldnt you have to switch from leaning back to leaning forward to get to front wheel?

Vee

its really easier if you put your rear wheel on the edge of the obsatcle you gap from - gives you the bounce you need to increase the length of the gap.

i also preload a lot before jumping(more than on gaps to rear wheel) - so that my ass nearly touches the backwheel... and i hit the bars with the leg of my good foot - this makes it easier on wide gaps to bring the front wheel down and make a nice bowy curve in the air...

when i want to wheelswitch, i pull my weight as far as possible over the bars as soon as the front wheel touches the landing obstacle - this makes the rear wheel go up easily and the wheelswitch shouldn´t be a problem anymore...

Its more a really ballsy move i take it? abit like doing a big drop the more balls the higher you can drop from in this case its how far your willing to lean over the front wheel when landing I guess

Vee

ch-ching!

*insert corny gameshow style "thaaaaat's right!" here*