Need Help!

Jimmy_c

Right, in the process of buliding my wheel (first time),

ive done the first set of spokes on the drive-side and the first set on the non-drive side and ive twisted the hub clockwise, all looks good!

This is were iam stuck, i dont understand the cross over bit, ive read over the wheel bulid guide in the Wiki but still dont get it!!!

If anyone could please help me out with the rest of the wheel bulid process that would be great!!!

Thanks,

James

Because of this thread i just ordered a spoke key, which i probaly should have had anyway

im going to give wheel truing a go as the bloke that built my wheel didnt do a great job, it buckled in 2 days and i wasnt riding amazingly harsh

I think im going to get one of them wheel truing/ building stands aswell

Vee

Because of this thread i just ordered a spoke key, which i probaly should have had anyway

im going to give wheel truing a go as the bloke that built my wheel didnt do a great job, it buckled in 2 days and i wasnt riding amazingly harsh

I think im going to get one of them wheel truing/ building stands aswell

Vee

Its prity easy to do while its still on your bike, basically you tighten the spoke opposite to the buckle, and you loosen the spokes where the buckle is :D

Edited by jandamna

im 99% sure you have to do it OVER-UNDER-OVER :)

nah not quite, the outside spoke (outside of the flange) goes over one spoke over another then under the third (this is for a 3 cross wheel build)

once you have it all laced up how you think is right, post up a pic and we can check your lacing :)

Edited by willy wonka

nah not quite, the outside spoke (outside of the flange) goes over one spoke over another then under the third (this is for a 3 cross wheel build)

once you have it all laced up how you think is right, post up a pic and we can check your lacing :)

Ahh alright thanks for clearing that up, my mistake :D

Right well i think ive done it now

the outside spoke on the drive side goes over one then under one.

all spokes are bent - will this sort its self out when i tighten them?

will take a pic now! 5mins

Thanks

James

im guessing you have done them 2 cross then (were each spoke only crosses 2 other spokes) if so, its guna be a bit weak..

post up a pic and we'll tell you whats wrong (Y)

What would the strongest way to build a wheel up be? I want to make mine bomb proof (Y)

Well as strong as it can be

Vee

If you want it bomb-proof i would go for 4-cross. The "norm" most people go for is 3-cross though, and thats definetly strong enough for me, and i'am not really a smooth rider :D hehe

Jan