Are Water-bled Maguras Any Good?

billyboi

Does anyone run a water bleed in the "new style" maggies? I'am not sure whether i should bleed mine with water when it needs to be bled or not :)

Jan

I've got a water bleed in my new back magura and its fine . . . works better than i did with oil in it

Tom

water bleed works good - just one thing - the brake will not last as long as if the pistons oil themselves! they will quit work after about a year...

but there is one down-fall, they duff up the seals but that happens if you do it all the time.

They... are both folk lore... / shit.... people are still running maggies with water bleeds over 3 years old... it really doesnt damage the brake at all... its just that the viscosity of the water is a lot better for trials as it gives, sharper quick on/off braking feel great for trials... shit for something like downhill where you dont want the brake to be on or off... you may just want to slow down... kinda thing.... so yea do it... the only downside is you get oil everywhere and that it voids the magura warrantee..... (of course unless you re bleed the brake with oil before your send it back :rolleyes: )

Its stated in the rules to use the search before you make a topic.

I know i'am a new member and all, but just give the guy a break, the first person who posted a reply already told him to use the search, having a go at someone and "stating the rules" wont get you validated...

Jan