Try-all Freewheel

Ryan Blackwell

Ive had 3, my 1st 1 is still going on my mates bike running on 5 pawls not 9, my 2nd is on my mates bike aswell and is running on 7pawls, these are both around 6months old, and my 3rd on my bike is running on 7 pawls after 1 month of riding, pretty shit really, im still using the because i got them cheap, gonna go for an eno next or a freehub (king) not shure yet though.

Harry!

Nile (add about 5 random numbers after his name and you've got his forum name!) killed his in London, it just completely f**ked up, wouldn't spin without a massive effort, think the bearings must have gone, but yeah, that's not good, doesn't mean that every tryall 108.9 is gonna kill itself though.

i've had my 18t try-all freewheel since tarty started selling them (god knows when that was ) .

the engagemant feels really nice and responsive but at first it made me feel like the gear ratio was harder than usual so it took a little while to get used to it.

the only problem is that it doesnt engage evenly anymore,by saying this i mean the engagemant is really close at some points on the freewheel then the engagemant isnts as close (could possibly be the pawls ?).

im going to get another try-all freewheel in the future for sure ,it'll probably be a 16t one though.

steve

My try-all freewheel worked great for 7 months then suddenly one day it started to stuck when i used more force on it than just pedaling, after gaps or sidehops it just stuck quite hard and i had to pull it back...i would open it if i knew which way i have to open the lockring

Ive got an ENO now and it skipped after 3 months then i cleaned it and took off one blue bearing cover because it was a little damaged and works great ^_^

Mate has one! seen to be good! not loud enough though! I had a few lil ride on his, engagement seen solid. Never skipped anyway! dont know how old his is. My tensile fells a bit shite at the min, skipped when put lil pressure, Cleaning it when I can get it off!!!

I'd still vote for tensile, cheaper

I ran a Try-All freewheel back when i rode my Zona Zip. I must of used it for a good 6 months. Put it through quite a lot actually. It was still running smooth as anything when i sold the bike on. I personally felt it was an amazing freewheel. It skipped on me once on the second day and then after that. Never skipped again.

However...I am now running a Tensile freewheel...To be perfectly honest with you, i Can't feel the difference in engagement between this and the Try-All. This feels just as responsive and still has a really nice noise.

I would go for the Tensile to be honest with you though. It's cheaper and still amazing (Y).

Danny.