Profile Problem Please Help

Clownbike

Hi guys

I bought this profile off a member of the forum and as i have never used a profile before i'm a lil unsure of the set up.

I've put the hub in the frame and got those two massive washers on the outside and as soon as i tighten the bolts the cog will not move round. Is there a problem with the hub or am i doing something wrong?

Also can you run snail cams with a profile?

Cheers

Neil

After talking to a nice fellow on my MSN, he reckons that it is the spacers too. But the very thin ones, is that what you mean Caleb?

I've taken out the snail cam bolts as i gave up on them after 2 mins, but thanks for letting me know i can run them - i deffo will do.

Overall i think that the guy has only given me one spacer (paper thin ones), and i need more. Is this the general jist of what everyone thinks?

The only place ive seen a papaer thin spacer on my profile is on the edge of one of the bearings butting against the driver.. if thats the one your talking about then yeh its pretty necessary! it might be that the serviced it before he sent it and put it back in the wrong place? because thats wat ive done before...

The only place ive seen a papaer thin spacer on my profile is on the edge of one of the bearings butting against the driver.. if thats the one your talking about then yeh its pretty necessary! it might be that the serviced it before he sent it and put it back in the wrong place? because thats wat ive done before...

Nice one Joe, i'll give it a try tomo - i've been at this all day!

The only paper thin washer i found was on the inside of the non drive side axle. But i've been mucking around with this and still it just won't turn (the cog that is), but it's fine when i loosen the 8mm bolts :S

Thanks again people, but more ideas please!

Sorry guys i can't get pics as i have no access to the camera at the moment (parents have nicked it!).

BUT.... i took the wheel up to my room and had a fiddle with it and now it runs fine. I think the problem was just a bit of grit, it's really strange.... but i did play about with the spacers position a bit.

Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions :)

Neil